• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looking at scopes for a use that will actually require compensating for range/wind, etc. I suddenly realized anything I've ever done as far as adjusting was MOA and now that I'm considering aMildot scop I realize that that have nothing to do with moa. Yes I could sit there with a calculator or pencil and paper but wondering if there is a better way. Also saw a couple of .1 mil adjustable scopes.

What would you reccomend for shooting out to 1000 yrds/meters as far as reticle type and calculating for bullet drop.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Looking at scopes for a use that will actually require compensating for range/wind, etc. I suddenly realized anything I've ever done as far as adjusting was MOA and now that I'm considering aMildot scop I realize that that have nothing to do with moa. Yes I could sit there with a calculator or pencil and paper but wondering if there is a better way. Also saw a couple of .1 mil adjustable scopes.

What would you reccomend for shooting out to 1000 yrds/meters as far as reticle type and calculating for bullet drop.

Some MFGs make MIL/MIL scopes. US Optics for example. I think NF is doing it also.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I like MOA turrets and reticule because it makes calcs easier for me. If you go Mil think and work in mils. Use a mil dot master sliding computer.
    Its best if you don't try to convert back to inches or clicks. Just work in whatever scale of measurement you can. Say 16" target covers 2 MOA so it ranges at 800 yards or the gun is zeroed at 100 and you need to dope for 400 say that's 12". Just twist the turret up 3MOA. It's easy.

MIL? Not so much. I mean target is 16" and covers 2 mils that's 3.6" to the mil times 2... Carry the one is oh he'll! You already got shot!

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I think it really depends on your reticle. If I was going mil reticle, I would do mil turret.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Same/same

If you have a mil reticle use mil turrets and vice versa.

SWFA has some mil mil scopes in the Super Sniper line. Awesome glass for the price.

Sent from V'ger via Epsilon Nine.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Alittle more than I wanted to spend

I like MOA turrets and reticule because it makes calcs easier for me. If you go Mil think and work in mils. Use a mil dot master sliding computer.
    Its best if you don't try to convert back to inches or clicks. Just work in whatever scale of measurement you can. Say 16" target covers 2 MOA so it ranges at 800 yards or the gun is zeroed at 100 and you need to dope for 400 say that's 12". Just twist the turret up 3MOA. It's easy.

MIL? Not so much. I mean target is 16" and covers 2 mils that's 3.6" to the mil times 2... Carry the one is oh he'll! You already got shot!

Looks like the simplest method I've seen, gonna start looking for some MOA reticle scopes.

Thanks for the help

Top Bottom