• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am looking for military surplus firearms such as Mosin-Nagants, SKS, etc. I've hit most of the major gun shops that I know of (Dury's, Nagel's, texas Guns, Powderhorn) and several of the pawn shops on the west side of town. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good places to check.

Also, if anyone has any milsurp rifles or pistols (such as Nagant M1895s) they want to sell, drop me an email or PM.

Cheers! M2
    Hurley's Gold

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    SKS

I know that the Seguin Gun and Pawn has a Chinese SKS for sale. I saw it yesterday. I'd be interested in what other members have to say IRT to these types of shops.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bob

What kind of shape is it in, and how much do they want for it?

I have seen several SKS rifles at local pawn shops, but they were either in lousy shape or hacked up with a poorly added scope. Most were way overpriced as well.

I did pick up a nice Chinese SKS at the pawn shop in Boerne for a fair price, but I have yet to find a pawn shop in SA that has realistic prices.

And Action Pawn at 410 and Marbach is one of the worst! They have a large selection, but the most ridiculous prices I have ever seen. They must think people have never heard of GunBroker, GunsAmerica, AuctionArms, etc...

Cheers! M2

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I am looking for military surplus firearms such as Mosin-Nagants, SKS, etc. I've hit most of the major gun shops that I know of (Dury's, Nagel's, texas Guns, Powderhorn) and several of the pawn shops on the west side of town. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good places to check.

Also, if anyone has any milsurp rifles or pistols (such as Nagant M1895s) they want to sell, drop me an email or PM.

Cheers! M2

I would wait for a gun show in your area. Most areas have one every couple of months. Most pawn shops I have ever seen are WAY over priced. They don't give what it is worth and charge more then it is worth. That is how they make money. They just don't have to make it off of me.

You can look at craigslist or backpage in your area if you want to do a FTF deal. Otherwise, keep looking on here, TGT.

Good luck !

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Actually, we have two gun shows here every month...one by SAXET, and one by Texas Guns Shows. I picked up a M38 at the last one, but for the most part there really hasn't been any decent deals at those either. I did see a Finn Sako M39 at the last SAXET show, but lo and behold I bought almost the exact same gun in a private sale right before the show! The one I got had a Austrio-Hungarian capture mark on it, but otherwise they were very close.

As you know, Craigslist prohibits gun sales; but you can hint at it by saying things like "Mosin products." A bud of mine in Oklahoma has been successful using that tactic, but it didn't work for me.

I was just hoping that there may be other sources out there...

Cheers! M2

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I'll check tomorrow

I think that it was around $250 the sad thing is that I remember when they were going for about a 100 bucks!

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I recommend the C&R license, then mail order. Using the license means you buy direct from distributors rather than a retailer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Actually, I got my C&R a week ago; and used it to buy the M38 at the show last Saturday. I also have a 1933 Tula Mosin Nagant arriving tomorrow and am meeting a guy on Saturday to look at a Yugo M59. So, as you can see, I am finding guns to buy but I was hoping to find someplace locally that had decent prices...

And Bob, if the SKS was in good shape that's not a bad deal...SKS are running $300-350 and up. Heck, there's a 1952 Tula on GuBroker at $565.00 with over a day left to the auction! Prices on SKS rifles are definitely climbing, which is why I am trying to buy a few now before it becomes ridiculous!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom