• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    I looked at the Struck stuff years ago... Very cool look. Wasn't convinced a better option wouldn't be
    fabbing a small push blade for a Used "fit through a house door" Bobcat Skid Loader. i do like the
    crawler tracks on the Mini Dozer.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I went and looked at a Komatsu D20 mini dozer today. Cool little dozer, I don't know if any manufacturer is still making them this small. When I say small its still about 10k lbs, but you can easily tow it with a 3/4 ton truck. I'm still trying to decide if I want it bad enough. This will do well to build the road to my place and take out a lot of brush.
    bb9187c6b47cb7137a11dc575d1cc1fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I looked at the Struck stuff years ago... Very cool look. Wasn't convinced a better option wouldn't be
    fabbing a small push blade for a Used "fit through a house door" Bobcat Skid Loader. i do like the
    crawler tracks on the Mini Dozer.
    Skid steer equipment is expensive, even used they are expensive. If you find one that's cheap, it's probably wore our or needs lots of work. Parts and labor are expensive on them as well.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    A running Bobcat 453 can be had used with a Kubota Diesel for $10k-$14k .. I 've seen some new Struck units over $19k new. Bobcats won't be booger/assembled and will hold value and parts will be at a local dealer. I'd rather buy a Bobcat with a blown engine and start there if I was looking to save big. After a few months the cool/factor of the Struck's tracks will wear off and you'll be left solely with the machine's functionality.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    A running Bobcat 453 can be had used with a Kubota Diesel for $10k-$14k .. I 've seen some new Struck units over $19k new. Bobcats won't be booger/assembled and will hold value and parts will be at a local dealer. I'd rather buy a Bobcat with a blown engine and start there if I was looking to save big. After a few months the cool/factor of the Struck's tracks will wear off and you'll be left solely with the machine's functionality.
    Well @BillDFW12 why don't you start at the beginning of this thread and read through it, and all my posts I have made on this subject, so I don't have to go back and explain my reasons and such all over again.

And what you would do, and what I'm going to do, are probably two very different things.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Well @BillDFW12 why don't you start at the beginning of this thread and read through it, and all my posts I have made on this subject, so I don't have to go back and explain my reasons and such all over again.

And what you would do, and what I'm going to do, are probably two very different things.
    Rummage through 80 post? No thanks. But if that's "what you would do" knock yourself out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Rummage through 80 post? No thanks. But if that's "what you would do" knock yourself out.

So you don't feel like rummaging through the thread, so unlikely you have any idea of what has been discussed and suggested. But you feel the need to "lecture" me about what I should do? Wow.

Well bless your little heart Bill.

Just out of curiosity Bill, how many skid steer's have you owned. or repaired or rebuilt?

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    So you don't feel like rummaging through the thread, so unlikely you have any idea of what has been discussed and suggested. But you feel the need to "lecture" me about what I should do? Wow.

Well bless your little heart Bill.

Just out of curiosity Bill, how many skid steer's have you owned. or repaired or rebuilt?
    Triggered? Lol .. I've got 25 years working on Diesels and Hydraulics. All I did was offer a way to have a bigger pot of money at the end of your equipment life for about the same initial cost. About time for you to go out in the yard and find some more chips to put on your shoulder.. You're running through them quickly.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Triggered? Lol .. I've got 25 years working on Diesels and Hydraulics. All I did was offer a way to have a bigger pot of money at the end of your equipment life for about the same initial cost. About time for you to go out in the yard and find some more chips to put on your shoulder.. You're running through them quickly.
    Hmmm...25 huh?

I'm not as much an "expert" such as yourself.

Like I said, you didn't feel like reading through the thread, so you have no idea what's been suggested or talked about. And now you feel the need to dole out some free therapy for me!

Wow. Been here on the forum for less than a week, and you presume to know what triggers me! Well bless your generous heart.

But you have a nice day Bill. Somehow, I think I'll struggle through this without your expertise and input from here on out.

Bye Bill!

ETA: spelling.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

25 whole years?!?? WOW. Let's see....been runnin' Cats an' skid steers since the 70's. And despite my PERSONAL opinion, I'm going to read through a person's thoughts before offering my own....or keep my own thoughts to myself. You might consider yourself a pro - but before opening your keyboard, at least review what's already been discussed.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    25 whole years?!?? WOW. Let's see....been runnin' Cats an' skid steers since the 70's. And despite my PERSONAL opinion, I'm going to read through a person's thoughts before offering my own....or keep my own thoughts to myself. You might consider yourself a pro - but before opening your keyboard, at least review what's already been discussed.
    Thread started with several post about covering up Cat Crap.. You know - Important Stuff. I didn't notice you taking issue with that off topic diversion. Every post on a public forum is a personal opinion. I don't walk on eggshells for anyone. Especially when I'm offering money saving advice in good faith. I have nothing to redact.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thread started with several post about covering up Cat Crap.. You know - Important Stuff. I didn't notice you taking issue with that off topic diversion. Every post on a public forum is a personal opinion. I don't walk on eggshells for anyone. Especially when I'm offering money saving advice in good faith. I have nothing to redact.

Most egotists have the same response. There's a difference between off-topic drift and someone being a jerk.....as an expert, you should know.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Let me explain this in the most simple of terms.

What you spend your money on, and how much money you want to spend is YOUR business. But since I'm spending my money, I get to make the decision as to what I think is best for my needs and not yours.

You have not the first clue as to how much I can afford for such a piece of equipment, or how much I can afford to spend fixing something that is wore out, or needs major repairs. I don't have a place to tear down a skid steer and rebuild it. I have more than the adequate amount of experience and the tools to do the job, but lack a proper shop to do it in. I am also on a fixed income so I have to work within my budget, not yours.

I already have pretty extensive experience with all types of skid steers. I have already given that consideration, and have already rejected that idea. Too expensive. I can finance the mini-dozer from Struck and afford the payments for it. I have no intentions of borrowing money for something that needs major repairs or a rebuild.

So do me a favor, and keep your 25 years of "expert" opinions to yourself from now on.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Most egotists have the same response. There's a difference between off-topic drift and someone being a jerk.....as an expert, you should know.
    I don't have time to nurse maid fragile egos that wildly protest when I simply offer a different way to skin the cat with
    no ill intent.
    That type of egotism? I didn't engage in that.. some others did though.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Let me explain this in the most simple of terms.

What you spend your money on, and how much money you want to spend is YOUR business. But since I'm spending my money, I get to make the decision as to what I think is best for my needs and not yours.

You have not the first clue as to how much I can afford for such a piece of equipment, or how much I can afford to spend fixing something that is wore out, or needs major repairs. I don't have a place to tear down a skid steer and rebuild it. I have more than the adequate amount of experience and the tools to do the job, but lack a proper shop to do it in. I am also on a fixed income so I have to work within my budget, not yours.

I already have pretty extensive experience with all types of skid steers. I have already given that consideration, and have already rejected that idea. Too expensive. I can finance the mini-dozer from Struck and afford the payments for it. I have no intentions of borrowing money for something that needs major repairs or a rebuild.

So do me a favor, and keep your 25 years of "expert" opinions to yourself from now on.
    I'm not going to curb posting on a public forum because
    your ears might catch on fire if I have a different take.

Top Bottom