• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I have a Cub Cadet Enforcer zero turn mower with a set of chains for the drive wheels. I paid $2700 for it with 254 hours on it. With the chains on, it's just about unstoppable; there's only one spot on my property I won't take it into- the area adjacent to the shallow end of the stock tank. It's black mud a yard deep.

Accessories like a blade, scraper or such wouldn't be hard to adapt or build.

If you really want a tracked vehicle, it might be easier and cheaper to start with a zero turn (which has hydro drive and tank controls), fab up a front idler axle, drive sprockets to replace the wheels and run a set of existing tracks from a bobcat or even from one of these. You'd end up with a platform at a lower cost, and you'd have base where you could buy parts from the manufacturer.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have a Cub Cadet Enforcer zero turn mower with a set of chains for the drive wheels. I paid $2700 for it with 254 hours on it. With the chains on, it's just about unstoppable; there's only one spot on my property I won't take it into- the area adjacent to the shallow end of the stock tank. It's black mud a yard deep.

Accessories like a blade, scraper or such wouldn't be hard to adapt or build.

If you really want a tracked vehicle, it might be easier and cheaper to start with a zero turn (which has hydro drive and tank controls), fab up a front idler axle, drive sprockets to replace the wheels and run a set of existing tracks from a bobcat or even from one of these. You'd end up with a platform at a lower cost, and you'd have base where you could buy parts from the manufacturer.
    Not a bad idea, but not exactly the direction I want to go. I'd much rather build this machine and modify it to meet my needs in the easiest of methods without a bunch of engineering and fabricating.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's not a replacement for a good full sized tractor, but for small stuff around the house, it looks like it should be fine. Before you pull the trigger on a $5K purchase, I'd look at a few used equipment websites just in case. You might find exactly what you're wanting for a bit less.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's not a replacement for a good full sized tractor, but for small stuff around the house, it looks like it should be fine. Before you pull the trigger on a $5K purchase, I'd look at a few used equipment websites just in case. You might find exactly what you're wanting for a bit less.
    I actually have been looking online for a used one for sale, and they do pop up occasionally, but so far no luck there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom