• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I have a Cub Cadet Enforcer zero turn mower with a set of chains for the drive wheels. I paid $2700 for it with 254 hours on it. With the chains on, it's just about unstoppable; there's only one spot on my property I won't take it into- the area adjacent to the shallow end of the stock tank. It's black mud a yard deep.

Accessories like a blade, scraper or such wouldn't be hard to adapt or build.

If you really want a tracked vehicle, it might be easier and cheaper to start with a zero turn (which has hydro drive and tank controls), fab up a front idler axle, drive sprockets to replace the wheels and run a set of existing tracks from a bobcat or even from one of these. You'd end up with a platform at a lower cost, and you'd have base where you could buy parts from the manufacturer.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have a Cub Cadet Enforcer zero turn mower with a set of chains for the drive wheels. I paid $2700 for it with 254 hours on it. With the chains on, it's just about unstoppable; there's only one spot on my property I won't take it into- the area adjacent to the shallow end of the stock tank. It's black mud a yard deep.

Accessories like a blade, scraper or such wouldn't be hard to adapt or build.

If you really want a tracked vehicle, it might be easier and cheaper to start with a zero turn (which has hydro drive and tank controls), fab up a front idler axle, drive sprockets to replace the wheels and run a set of existing tracks from a bobcat or even from one of these. You'd end up with a platform at a lower cost, and you'd have base where you could buy parts from the manufacturer.
    Not a bad idea, but not exactly the direction I want to go. I'd much rather build this machine and modify it to meet my needs in the easiest of methods without a bunch of engineering and fabricating.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's not a replacement for a good full sized tractor, but for small stuff around the house, it looks like it should be fine. Before you pull the trigger on a $5K purchase, I'd look at a few used equipment websites just in case. You might find exactly what you're wanting for a bit less.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's not a replacement for a good full sized tractor, but for small stuff around the house, it looks like it should be fine. Before you pull the trigger on a $5K purchase, I'd look at a few used equipment websites just in case. You might find exactly what you're wanting for a bit less.
    I actually have been looking online for a used one for sale, and they do pop up occasionally, but so far no luck there.

Top Bottom