• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I have used the Aguia mini shells in a couple of break-open 12's (single and double),. They work fine. Never tried them in a pump or semi.
    My informal observations would indicate that a 12 gauge mini shell mimics a 3" .410.
    They work well for snakes and closeby, squirrel-size varmints.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Good article on them in Guntests.com (subscription). Adapter for Mossberg pumps works. Not for Remington. Don't work in autos. Only advantage I see is increased number of rounds that can fit in pump. I stick to regular shells.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have used the Opsol adapter in my Mossberg 590A1 without any problems. Allows 9 + 1 in the 18.5" tube. As far as I know, the Mossberg pumps are the only shotguns that the Opsol adapter fits. Mini shells don't have enough power to cycle a semi auto.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Anyone tried these? I would like to but I cant seem to find one for my citadel shotgun and https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/ they make a thing that fits into the receiver to make them function better but i cant seem to find one for mine.
    All citadel shotguns are semi autos IIRC. Ak based and Remington based. Mini shells wont function those. Only pump and break open. Only the mossberg and copies need the adapter.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All citadel shotguns are semi autos IIRC. Ak based and Remington based. Mini shells wont function those. Only pump and break open. Only the mossberg and copies need the adapter.
    The Winchester Defender is the only pump shotgun I have used that would reliably cycle them without any modifications.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My point was that if the mini shells are that effective on a wild pig that is hopped up on adrenaline , they should be effective against a two legged threat across the space of a hotel room( which is the reason I bought it)
    My point is pigs realy aint that hard with proper shot placement. How many grains are .22 shorts?

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    My point was that if the mini shells are that effective on a wild pig that is hopped up on adrenaline , they should be effective against a two legged threat across the space of a hotel room( which is the reason I bought it)
    Jealous husbands ?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That Mossberg Shockwave pic in Post 1 is one ugly gun! :green:
    6EE72031-49E1-41E0-8811-DE00F0AAA0FE.jpeg

Mine.

Top Bottom