• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Was hanging out with the owner of IWI ( Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd, TAVOR ) and he puts this in my hand, its brand new for 2014, not even on website yet...SWEET shooter.

Unknown.jpg
    DK Firearms

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Sweet baby Jesus. That thing is awesome. How was the trigger pull?

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Sweet baby Jesus. That thing is awesome. How was the trigger pull?

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.
    They have upgraded the entire line to say the least, refinements based upon impact from the field and real use. By the way this is in 9 mm...trigger pull was good, std military grade, but very good...

We need to look HARD at the Tavor and the technology behind it. I did not try it, but I watched one of the guys showing me around shoot the 5.56 using his NOSE instead of his shoulder. These things have almost no recoil at all. And I spent plenty of time in FA. I burnt some ammo... View attachment 24973

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Well dang. I've been kicking around building an SBR AR in 9mm...but now that I've seen this.

A few questions for you sir:
    -barrel length (on the 9mm)
    -shooting 115gr subs? (or 147 or..?)
    (I know barrel lengths longer than 6" or so can be tough to keep factory 9mm subsonic..and the Tavor is a bullpup)
    -thread pitch for can
    -any dB readings?
    -group size

And lastly, where can I see this gun before shotshow?

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Well dang. I've been kicking around building an SBR AR in 9mm...but now that I've seen this.

A few questions for you sir:
    -barrel length (on the 9mm)
    -shooting 115gr subs? (or 147 or..?)
    (I know barrel lengths longer than 6" or so can be tough to keep factory 9mm subsonic..and the Tavor is a bullpup)
    -thread pitch for can
    -any dB readings?
    -group size

And lastly, where can I see this gun before shotshow?
    IIRC 12.5 in . They said in testing the degradation in fps was less than 150 with the can
    subs (see pic)
    Not sure on thread pitch, it was mounted and in fact comes mounted.
    Very quiet is all I can say, even on FA, quiet enough we took off our ear protection and could talk while firing
    I was not going for group size, but was putting them in the 'pie-pan' on the target (I had too many weapons to play with for grouping)
    Most likely it will be Shotshow, its new weapon for 2014 I may possibly be the first outsider to get his hands on it. I am in contact with them I will ask.

View attachment 24985

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    So you want to be a Sniper, IWI has the scope for you. dial in your round, good out to 2000+ meters, this will change the world of snipers, it does a LOT of stuff to make sure the rd hits where you need it. This is Mil Spec Sniper Grade, comps for weather, has built in laser range finder ( they are not saying right now how accurate the laser is, but as they said "you are not gonna miss") and other goodies. Due out in 2014, see it at the Shotshow is my bet...

View attachment 24988

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Rare foto:
    L:R
    Joe Gregory, Chairman NRA Ring of Freedom; MR BERETTA, YES this is the owner and President, MR IWI, President and OWNER, David Keene past President NRA, Jacob Goldstein, Prime Minister. Benjamin Netanyahu personal rep for our visit.

View attachment 24989

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Make sure your powerful friends are our powerful allies....

I am still waiting on the release of the Tavor 9mm conversion kit (16" barrel). I understand that April '14 is the new target date.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Make sure your powerful friends are our powerful allies....

I am still waiting on the release of the Tavor 9mm conversion kit (16" barrel). I understand that April '14 is the new target date.
    After spending several weeks getting high level briefings from military and political leaders and spending a lot of time with US Ambassador John Bolton who spent a week with us I can assure you Israel loves America and its people. They are not as happy with our current international political posture and I will say no more to that as this is a public forum...

I suspect you are correct on the approx release date of the 9mm conv. You will like it!

Ambassador John Bolton

View attachment 24990

Top Bottom