• Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Them, and tripple k. And hi point.
    Mags I have gotten from Triple K, and I have gotten a few to several for guns for which I could not find factory mags, have been excellent with the exception of one that was obviously flawed when manufactured (that one I exchanged for a good one). I have often read bad stuff about them but my experience has been otherwise. Some of the pistols I bought their mags for were Beretta 950 22 Short, Beretta 1934 in .380, Ortgies pistol 32 ACP, High Standard M-101 Duramatic 22 LR. and I just ordered one for a High Standard Supermatic Tournament in 22 LR after seeing this post with them mentioned. Thanks for the reminder.

As for the OP's question, I try to put at least two or three full loads through each new magazine, sometimes more. I do not worry about ammo shortages or costs because my life may some day depend on whether or not the magazine functions properly.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Absolute minimum for me on any new mag would be two fully loaded with zero malfunctions. But if it was a 30 round mag, I might be tempted to just do one mag if I was short on ammo.
    I suggest cycling each fully loaded mag at least twice, most malfunctions likely to occur early or late. ...so if ammo is short fire 5-6 rounds from fullmag then eject 20ish and fire the last 5-6

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    I went and tested the mags in the Girsan Regard
    I put 360rds through it
    No problem with the Regard, it shot great
    The Mec-Gar mags worked as they should, brass & steel
    The KCI Beretta 92FS 30-Round mags had one double feed per mag, due to the springs some of the ammo never fed correctly, never made it to the feeding ramp, so I will need to replace the springs
    Plus one of the mags never stayed open after the mag was empty
    Who makes replacement springs for KCI

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I went and tested the mags in the Girsan Regard
    I put 360rds through it
    No problem with the Regard, it shot great
    The Mec-Gar mags worked as they should, brass & steel
    The KCI Beretta 92FS 30-Round mags had one double feed per mag, due to the springs some of the ammo never fed correctly, never made it to the feeding ramp, so I will need to replace the springs
    Plus one of the mags never stayed open after the mag was empty
    Who makes replacement springs for KCI
    Buy wolf extra power springs for beretta 92 and they will work in the KCI mags for beretta 92

Top Bottom