• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I got a ammo shipment not 10 minutes ago, ID and signature was required, shrug, Im betting the UPS driver could lose his/her job for the dump and run on ammo.
    Military Camp

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    The only marking required on loaded ammo is ORM-D. It does NOT have to be segregated from general freight and THERE IS NO STATUTORY HAZ-MAT FEE. There is only a signature requirement if the shipper specifies it and pays the fee. Paying the Haz-Mat gouge is purely voluntary. I buy ...ahem... SOME ammo now and then from CMP and it is invariably delivered for $8.95 a can by FedEx. Obviously no $20/can Haz-Mat fee there. So, Haz-Mat fee is obviously waivable. Online retailers who charge Haz-Mat fees are just ripping us off an extra $20.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Ever get this resolved?

I called UPS last Friday for a status report and they said this file had a Resolution date on 12/10/09 and I would here from them or the company I made the purchase from by then. I will call back then and post a Update Thread.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    UPS contacted me today to get the details of the missing shipment. I told them I was at home waiting and when it got late with no delivery I checked the tracking # and it said "Delivered Front Door 4:45" - which it had not. I told UPS that I checked with the neighbors on both sides of my house and they did not receive it. I told UPS that there are 3 parallel streets with a 4910 address (same as mine) and I believe the driver, in a hurry before Thanksgiving, saw 4910 but was on the wrong street.So far -6 days later- no one has contacted UPS or brought it to my house, I assume they see it as a gift.

This has happened to me but it is USPS that screws this up regularly not UPS.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Here's the real skinny on this. UPS requires a signature on all deliveries. It is the driver's option to leave the package without a signature but if the receiver claims no receipt, UPS is on the hook for the shipment. Value? If no declared value in excess of $100 is noted at the time of shipment, and an appropriate fee paid, then UPS will reimburse NO MORE THAN $100 but the shipper still needs to file a copy of the original shipper's invoice to substantiate the value. In other words, they will not automatically pay $100 for a $10 shipment.

If the OP has not already done so, contact the shipper and notify them of non-receipt. They will need to file a claim with UPS and they will likely tell you they will replace the shipment or credit your credit card. If not, file a claim with your credit card company. They will in turn contact the shipper and if the shipper is unable to provide proof of delivery, the credit card company should credit your account and charge back the original seller.

Top Bottom