• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot_6.8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Granbury
    Hey guys, and gals, There is a site for My president W. It is a sign up and write a letter to President Bush thanking him for protecting us after 9/11. I signed up at somewhere in the 60k range and it has really slowed down now in the low 80s. There are alot of things I didn't agree with W. on but still think he was an outstanding pres. and brought class and dignity back to the office. Mainly and this is the presidents most important job, he kept us from another attack for the last 7 yrs. Please go to mission1accomplished.com and at least put your number in if not write him a letter of appreciation. Thanks, Joel
    Military Camp

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Love or hate any President, there are things the public will never know about, and it's those things that make the hero.

I can say this, people would have a different view if they had a tiny glimpse.

Patriot_6.8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Granbury
    Patriot act

Agree or disagree, the Patriot Act has saved countless lives. I have someone close to me that retired from the secret service last yr after 20yrs. Obviously he didn't talk to me about details but the attacks that were stopped because of the Patriot Act. Well, lets just put it this way, If those attacks had happened, All Americans would be screaming for something to allow us to have better terror intelligence. As it is, we already have something. Mabe not perfect but it has proven to be very effective. Joel :patriot:

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Agree or disagree, the Patriot Act has saved countless lives. I have someone close to me that retired from the secret service last yr after 20yrs. Obviously he didn't talk to me about details but the attacks that were stopped because of the Patriot Act. Well, lets just put it this way, If those attacks had happened, All Americans would be screaming for something to allow us to have better terror intelligence. As it is, we already have something. Mabe not perfect but it has proven to be very effective. Joel :patriot:

I hate to agree, but I have too.

And the "attacks" were not necessarily the kind most would think of first. There were others that would have been as or more devastating to the country. We're so sheltered in our own world, we don't even think about all the vulnerabilities in the US, but others do.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I disagree. Regardless of how much more difficult it would have made things, sticking to principle and not violating civil rights is even MORE important in dire situations. There are plenty of other usurpations Bush was responsible for, like the John Warner Defense Authorization Act.

Patriot_6.8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Granbury
    Usurper?

Oh boy, I should have known this was going to go off like this.

Usurpation: the unlawful or violent seizure of a throne, power etc.

I take it very personal when someone attacks my president with such language so I'll not return to this post to keep the peace.

Hopefully this thread will die a natural death.

Again, if you want to send W a thankyou for his service, go to mission1accomplished.com If you want to call him names, don't involve me. I don't play well when I'm pi$$ed.

Signing off this topic. Joel :patriot:

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Oh boy, I should have known this was going to go off like this.

Usurpation: the unlawful or violent seizure of a throne, power etc.

I take it very personal when someone attacks my president with such language so I'll not return to this post to keep the peace.

Hopefully this thread will die a natural death.

Again, if you want to send W a thankyou for his service, go to mission1accomplished.com If you want to call him names, don't involve me. I don't play well when I'm pi$$ed.

Signing off this topic. Joel :patriot:

I agree and hope the thread will continue in the spirit you intended. All the rest has been beat to death already.

Top Bottom