• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Have you given the barrel a good cleaning? That would be the rirst thing I would do. I would then put a pressure piint in the stock about 2 inches in back of the muzzle to put a little upward pressure on the barrel you can use a couple of thickness of a business card. there is no reason to buy a new stock unless you don't like the designe of the one that is on the rifle, a good glass bedding job would still be cheaper than a new stock. Most likely you would still have to bed a new stock.
    Hurley's Gold

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There is no reason to buy a new stock unless you don't like the designe of the one that is on the rifle, a good glass bedding job would still be cheaper than a new stock. Most likely you would still have to bed a new stock.

The block design of the stock makes a large difference when you consider how it interfaces with the lugs. Even glass bedding the rifle or using a solid bedding can leave something on the table with a poor stock.

I also prefer a much heavier stock for accuracy work. The gun moves alot less during the firing event, has less recoil, and dampens the human element.

A B&C is recommended by me. It's a great stock. I also recommend AI, McMillan, and a few others. The Hogue is a decent stock for the price, but I've seen one break in half, which was hilarious.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes I have checked both. I wonder tho. If the stock screws are tighter than they were from the factory would that cause the harmonics to be off due to pressure on the barrel or something?
    I just Googlefooed. As far as I can tell the rifle is a post 64 do to a push feed system rather than the pre 64 controlled feed system.

Bring the rifle with you to the event on the 8th and I will look it over and see what it needs. We can take it out of the stock and check it's fitment. Sometimes alot of heat and moisture will warp the stock, like keeping it in your truck.

Bring some 150 gr. ammo that's decent. I would suggest a 150 gr. Hornady SST load.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'll be bringing it with me with a box 150 gr Winchester power points so far that is the ammo I've gotten the best accuracy with so far. I can't really afford the Hornady loads right now.

Top Bottom