• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gman222

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I just got a Rossi Lever action in 45lc. I also just got in to cowboy action shooting. I really like the carbine but most of the stages require 10 rounds in the magazine, the carbine only holds 8 rounds. My question is: Can one, safely, modify the magazine of this particular carbine to hold two more rounds? Or should I just scrap it and save up to by a rifle that will hold 10 in the magazine?
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I guess I'd have to see the rifle but I am thinking it can be done. A mag tube is just a piece of pipe.

The issue is cost really. Rossis aren't expensive rifles and it may not be worth the effort to make it look right.

Search around. There may be a kit available with the parts you need. With CAS as popular as it is someone may have what you need.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I just looked at their website and focused on the rifle and the carbine. They look identical except for the barrel length. That leads me to believe that if you bought a rifle magazine tube and spring you could just swap them out. Now your gun will look a bit funny with the magazine tube sticking out about 4 inches past the barrel, but I see a lot of 3 gun shotgunners with a similar set up to get extra mag capacity. That might be a pretty cheap way to go.

Problem is finding the tube, I checked Numrich, Brownells, Midway and a few others to find a replacement rifle magazine tube to no avail.

You might call Rossi and tell them you damaged your rifle tube and need to buy a new one. That might work, as bent magazine tubes on lever guns are pretty common.

Otherwise I just don't' see how you can fit those extra two rounds in that limited space, without doing something really out there like handloading some cut down specialty rounds to get the capacity. And that would open a whole new can of worms...........

Top Bottom