Texas SOT

Moments in life that make it all worthwhile. Pic only….

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    3834D36A-DBFD-4EE9-8562-7ED77C62740D.jpeg
    Guns International

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Your pool looks much spiffier, and way more level than mine :green:

I don't think I posted my pool rant on here, but lemme say, if I didn't shave my head regularly, I'd have ripped my hair out in the last two weeks because of the pool my wifey just has to have.

We have enjoyed the hell out of it this week, but I have to drain it again soon, and re-re-level the foundation. Its literally sunk 3-4 inches into the ground on one side since we filled it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

I don't think I posted my pool rant on here, but lemme say, if I didn't shave my head regularly, I'd have ripped my hair out in the last two weeks because of the pool my wifey just has to have.

We have enjoyed the hell out of it this week, but I have to drain it again soon, and re-re-level the foundation. Its literally sunk 3-4 inches into the ground on one side since we filled it.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

Holy Crud. Sounds like a nightmare. Hope the re-re-releveling works.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Holy Crud. Sounds like a nightmare. Hope the re-re-releveling works.

Ohyeah... first time - I had just put down 4 yards of sand as a base for the stupid thing. Made sure it was nice & level. Put up the pool, started to fill it. The fill was going slow. About 2 inches per hour. I left to go teach a class - was gone 5.5 hours. Math says should've added 11 inches to the pool. NOPE! I should've just turned the damn water off. My hose got super motivated and dumped 20 inches in - and it poured out of the pump inlets. Washed away a bunch of the sand, erroded under one side. Big mess. Wound up having to drain 2000 gallons or so of water, take the pool apart and move it out of the way. Then let the sand dry out. Then spent another day after it was dried out moving more sand and re-levelling things.

My wife witnessed the results, as I needed her help to put it back up - we were perfectly level in all directions. Got the pool up again. Filled it up. Bastard sank on one side by an inch or so, so we had a shallow and deep end.

Now that end has sunk even more - its about a five inch difference between sides. So yeah, I'm going to have to drain it again, and refix the base. I have some ideas for improving it, but damned I don't want to be out in the heat doing that shit. I damn near got heat stroke the first go-round moving and spreading and levelling the stuff.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ohyeah... first time - I had just put down 4 yards of sand as a base for the stupid thing. Made sure it was nice & level. Put up the pool, started to fill it. The fill was going slow. About 2 inches per hour. I left to go teach a class - was gone 5.5 hours. Math says should've added 11 inches to the pool. NOPE! I should've just turned the damn water off. My hose got super motivated and dumped 20 inches in - and it poured out of the pump inlets. Washed away a bunch of the sand, erroded under one side. Big mess. Wound up having to drain 2000 gallons or so of water, take the pool apart and move it out of the way. Then let the sand dry out. Then spent another day after it was dried out moving more sand and re-levelling things.

My wife witnessed the results, as I needed her help to put it back up - we were perfectly level in all directions. Got the pool up again. Filled it up. Bastard sank on one side by an inch or so, so we had a shallow and deep end.

Now that end has sunk even more - its about a five inch difference between sides. So yeah, I'm going to have to drain it again, and refix the base. I have some ideas for improving it, but damned I don't want to be out in the heat doing that shit. I damn near got heat stroke the first go-round moving and spreading and levelling the stuff.
    Sasquach, you need to learn the redneck method of leveling! Just lay a 6' level on the ground until you find a level spot and that's where the swimming pool goes!

Top Bottom