• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well... after banging on long guns for the past year. I shot pistols with the bro in law... forgot how fun pistols are. Somehow I ended up ordering a ported barrel for the mod. Crazy how much it helps with muzzle rise. Next up.... custom slide:)
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
      thumbnail.jpg
      222.6 KB · Views: 202
    • thumbnail1.jpg
      thumbnail1.jpg
      343.4 KB · Views: 217

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I had a Fire Dragon ported conversion barrel in an XDm .40. Converted to 9mm.

Funtioned fine and accuracy didn't decrease, new spring seemed about right. I didn't notice much recoil reduction but I was only running plinking loads with a lowish charge. Ported barrels need full power loads to have a useful effect. I mostly wanted a conversion barrel and figured I might as well get the ported version.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    so are the xdgunparts barrels all EFK? website doesn't say but I was looking at one last night

Sent from my SIG Sauer

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Fire Dragon ported conversion barrel in an XDm .40. Converted to 9mm.

Funtioned fine and accuracy didn't decrease, new spring seemed about right. I didn't notice much recoil reduction but I was only running plinking loads with a lowish charge. Ported barrels need full power loads to have a useful effect. I mostly wanted a conversion barrel and figured I might as well get the ported version.

I was running factor Winchester 115g fmjs. It's what i target shoot with. I could tell a difference. Let me ask you this... Does a comp mess with velocity like a ported barrel?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i posted over on XD Talk and boy what a mistake. I find manufacturer specific forums typically have some elitist snobiness to them

1 guy said he's had 2 for 2 bad EFK barrels. Everyone else is making suggestions for barrels that aren't available for the 5.25 like Karr and Storm Lake...

I'm gonna stick with EFK or maybe pony up for Bar-Sto

Sent from my SIG Sauer

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i posted over on XD Talk and boy what a mistake. I find manufacturer specific forums typically have some elitist snobiness to them

1 guy said he's had 2 for 2 bad EFK barrels. Everyone else is making suggestions for barrels that aren't available for the 5.25 like Karr and Storm Lake...

I'm gonna stick with EFK or maybe pony up for Bar-Sto
    Sent from my SIG Sauer

Hmm... I wonder what made them bad...

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I recently ordered a KKM barrel for my Gen 3 Glock 19. It was the best $165 I have ever spent.
    I highly recommend you look at their lineup. This drop-in barrel made my Glock group like my high end 1911s.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was running factor Winchester 115g fmjs. It's what i target shoot with. I could tell a difference. Let me ask you this... Does a comp mess with velocity like a ported barrel?

No idea.

My lack of noticable difference could be due to the size/weight of the pistol. The longer barrel probably had lower pressure at the ports as well.

Had no issues with mine, but I didn't run it hard either and probably only a couple thousand rounds total. No 1k/weekend competitions with hot (sometimes very hot) loads.

Top Bottom