• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Are your IWB holsters made with reinforced openings to allow easier reholstering?

No, but...

As per my reply above to kerryp:
    Shorts said:
    Originally Posted by kerryp
    Do you offer an option for a band around the top of the holster to keep it open when the firearm is out?
    It's an option that can be added.

My Bodhi IWB is built geared towards concealment and comfort, so it's thinner than the leather I build OWBs with. I do mold all holsters to be firm so there is some strength there but not to the degree a reinforced mouth may provide (especially like holsters utilizing non-leather reinforcement).

A reinforced mouth vs non-reinforced mouth is an individual preference and I work with that. I've worn both types. The priority for myself is concealment. It's a much smaller margin than reinforcement is. I'm currently wearing a non-reinforce Bodhi and I one-hand reholster.

But as I said, it's an option I will provide for customers
    Guns International

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I can do reinforced mouth or not. I can do belt clips or leather loops w/snaps. I can do a rear belt tunnel. It's all what the customer wants. I'll give my knowledge and suggestions but I will let my customer make his own bed, so to speak

Long ago I determined that "the perfect holster" requires already having a box full of about 50 other different holsters to find it. It really takes lots of trial and error I think. I still have plenty of space left in "the box". ;) lol

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Long ago I determined that "the perfect holster" requires already having a box full of about 50 other different holsters to find it. It really takes lots of trial and error I think. I still have plenty of space left in "the box". ;) lol

lol pretty much

I think the perfect holster can change even within the same day. I keep 3 in rotation on my dresser for my mood alone

As for that holster box, I need a bigger one.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    How does one drive a car wearing an IWB appendix carry?

mmmm

Depends on the type of IWB. A double-loop style holster would be on the big side. Normally a small/compact gun is carried at the appendix position. Those do well with a clip style appendix IWB

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    mmmm

Depends on the type of IWB. A double-loop style holster would be on the big side. Normally a small/compact gun is carried at the appendix position. Those do well with a clip style appendix IWB

Maybe it's just because I am too fat, I can't even bend over comfortably when wearing a "clip" style appendix IWB holding my G27.....that's the only reason I asked.
    I would have to slide it to my side if I wanted to drive wearing it....:banghead:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    How does one drive a car wearing an IWB appendix carry?

It works much better for those that don't have the "beer gut" such as myself. ;) Usually if there is a bit of a gut, it can push the gun outward more unless your pant line is below the gut and you wear the holster there. Usually with A-IWB carry most people carry from ~12:30-2:30 on your front section (or on the opposite side for lefties). A-IWB is tricky because you have to have just the right holster, the holster has to sit at just the right height, the bottom section can't be too wide otherwise it can get uncomfortable and chaff your leg or get uncomfortable when sitting, etc. With just the right holster, gun, etc, it can make for one of the best carry positions as you can have better control over the gun (if an attacker attempted to grab it from you), it is a bit quicker from the draw, and is sort of an "unconventional" position that most people aren't used to seeing so most people would be less likely to think "gun" if they saw a bit of a bulge up front instead of on the hip.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Is that a Sig in your pocket or are you happy to see me? ;) lol

Saw a lady from my church in Wal-Mart last week.........she's a hugger and I had my G27....appendix carry. She hugged tight and had this funny look on her face when whe released me. On Suday she seemed extra friendly..............

Okie556

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009

Saw a lady from my church in Wal-Mart last week.........she's a hugger and I had my G27....appendix carry. She hugged tight and had this funny look on her face when whe released me. On Suday she seemed extra friendly..............

Okie556

rofl.gif
    hmm3grin2orange.gif

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

Okie556

You sure you weren't carrying a G17L? ;) lol j/k

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Just got an email that the Bohdi for my Kimber UCII is shipping today...wonderful service and turn around. I look froward to getting it...

MonicaKuehnHolster.jpg

Black straps are because my gun belt is black...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom