Hurley's Gold

Montgomery County to be declared a "gun sanctuary" county with resolution Nov. 19

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Many years ago I lived in Montgomery County. Nice place to live. I didn't live too far from Cut-N-Shoot. (Actual name is Cut and Shoot).
    I lived in a trailer house in Cut-N-Shoot years ago.
    Had a hole in the floor and everything....
    I've been in a discussion here - probably with one of you two, about the N.Y. Yankee-run BBQ Caboose that was in Cut & Shoot circa 1980-1982ish.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    So what real world effect does this have? I like the symbolism but state law over-rides anything the county does. If the situation were reversed, the county were to ban firearms, we would all be screaming but it's the same thing isn't it? I don't want a sanctuary city or county, I want my 2A rights throughout the USA. I bet those poor souls in Hong Kong, Iran and Venezuela would love some of our 2A rights.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    So what real world effect does this have? I like the symbolism but state law over-rides anything the county does. If the situation were reversed, the county were to ban firearms, we would all be screaming but it's the same thing isn't it? I don't want a sanctuary city or county, I want my 2A rights throughout the USA. I bet those poor souls in Hong Kong, Iran and Venezuela would love some of our 2A rights.

This ^

Emotional reaction with no critical thought to back it up, legally or otherwise, reminiscent of the radical libs roping off an area on a campus, or near an abortion center, and telling you that you can only practice your 1st amendments rights there.

It's going to take a damned sight more than that kind of feel good BS to keep your already watered down 2A rights ...

Quit wasting your time.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Shake the knot out of your knickers. All it does is show support for the Second Amendment, at a county level. Enough counties do it and the politicians will start looking as there are votes to be had there.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Shake the knot out of your knickers. All it does is show support for the Second Amendment, at a county level. Enough counties do it and the politicians will start looking as there are votes to be had there.

You sure about that?
    I'd say with regard to knickers, take'm off your head and look around. :evil:

Damn hard to argue that politicians of both parties aren't exactly who got you your watered down 2A rights.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Probably not much. I mean the states that set up marijuana sanctuaries systems in defiance of federal law haven’t worked at all.

same as sanctuary cities for illegal aliens. Nope, those aren’t working either.

It is long past time that we quit playing by the Queensberry Rules and start treating it like a streetfight.

gooses and ganders and all that.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I applaud these resolutions in principle....but am dubious about the legal weight that they carry.

Won't federal and state laws trump county and city resolutions?

And they are only relevant when the originator of the resolution is in charge of local law enforcement right? Such as a county sheriff.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Won't federal and state laws trump county and city resolutions?

And they are only relevant when the originator of the resolution is in charge of local law enforcement right? Such as a county sheriff.
    Yep. The idea is that if the sheriff's department catches you doing something illegal at the federal level, they just won't refer you to federal law enforcement.

JoyJack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    Breckenridge, Texas
    Sheriff Will Holt
    November 12 at 2:42 PM ·

"The resolution declares that Stephens County is a Second Amendment Sanctuary County, specifying that the Court also affirms its support of decisions made by the sheriff “to not enforce any unconstitutional firearms restrictions against any citizen.

Before the resolution was approved, Stephens County Sheriff Will Holt addressed the court and the citizens in attendance, assuring them that he supports the designation. 'I don’t actually get to sign resolutions … but I do want y’all — the court — to know and (to put it) on record with the media and with the folks here that I support this resolution 100 percent,' he said." - from the Breckenridge Texan

Much thanks for Commissioners' Court for passing this resolution. - Sheriff Holt

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom