• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just a quick reminder that the monthly SAXET show here in San Antonio is actually this weekend (30 Apr - 1 May). I suspect many believe it is next weekend as it is usually the first full weekend of the month; however, for whatever reason it's this one. I've confirmed this on SAXET's web site.

The show opens at 9:00am both days, parking is two bucks but if you get there early (say an hour) there's no one collecting plus you get a good spot and you avoid the long line park that usually occurs just before the show opens.

We'll be at the usual location for breakfast (IHOP at 8:00am) if anyone's interested. I'll have a tall, lanky redheaded teenager with me, he's easier to spot than I am!

Cheers! M2
    Lynx Defense

Txav8r

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    San antonio
    Just don't park in front of the Habitat for humanity building. They will tow your car even if there is no tow away signs within 100 feet.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I usually get there an hour, to an hour and a half early, than eat at IHOP. My youngest wants to watch the Cornyval parade in the morning, so I am still in limbo...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Skip

I just dumped my teenager at Cornyval, it didn't look too crowded but yesterday when I drove by there about this time it was packed!

We'll be at IHOP around 8am, Juan should be there as well. Look for us if yo make it, I'll be wearing a black USAF shirt and camo shorts...

But the Cornyval parade sounds tempting...

DSC00365%5B1%5D.JPG

Come see the Float bearing Miss Helotes and her Court, the most beautiful and talented group of young ladies in the world, bar none.

Cheers! M2

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    ill be working the show on the red wall side in the HOG DRAW booth with my girl friend ill be there around 845 and be inside chillin

look for the GOT HOGS? sign...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Skip, KaliJuan, Randy, myself and my son all went this morning; it was fun but a couple of key vendors from last month's show were AWOL. Still, we all bought something, albeit not the Webley MkVI or the AR-50 I was gawking at (thanks again Juan for pulling me back from the edge!). I picked up a first generation AK bayonet, Randy got a stock for his WASR, Juan some ammo and Skip was our last hold-out but finally succumbed to a couple of bags of fancy nuts! Last month's show was more lucrative for me, but I think the dates of this show (being that the show is usually held the first full weekend of the month) caused some folks to miss it. Still, the Helotes contingent was representing in force!

Oh, and we did meet TexasIslandBoy and his girlfriend at the Hog Draw booth! It was nice meeting more folks from this forum!

Cheers! M2

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    How did I miss this thread earlier? It would have been really nice to put some faces to names. Next time!

Anyways, another trip to SAXET and I didn't buy a single thing... A little lighter in the gas tank, but time well spent.

-Randy
    (the other Randy, obviously not the one mentioned above)

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    It's always fun putting a face to the screen names (well...except for majormadmax's... ) It was cool having breakfast with these guy's, and strolling through the show with them. Got some education on Webley's which was cool.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's always fun putting a face to the screen names (well...except for majormadmax's... ) It was cool having breakfast with these guy's, and strolling through the show with them. Got some education on Webley's which was cool.

Ohhh....that hurts; bit I sure can't argue against it!

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I ended up doing yard and home type stuff here at the house.
    Saxet will be back in about a month, and maybe I'll finally drag my ass outta the house early so I can meet all you guys for breakfast next time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was there at 9 this morning. Took my Sino-soviet sks and my glock in and sold them. Picked up a revolver, XD 9mm in OD and a small .25 pistol for the girlfriend.

Whoa, you had a good day! I'm surprised you didn't see us, our little mob stood out like Duran Duran while standing in line!

Then again, maybe you did see us...

Cheers! M2

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    well i broke about even today on selling hog draw... ill be there tomorrow around 9am on the grind again nice meeting you guys hope to get out and shoot sometime soon ...(did a walk around the show) lowered my package ar15 deal to around 795 lowest priced ar at the show and it comes with bag and 5 mags,red dot

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Whoa, you had a good day! I'm surprised you didn't see us, our little mob stood out like Duran Duran while standing in line!

Then again, maybe you did see us...

Cheers! M2

Haha, I dunno, maybe i did. A lot of people and stopped to talk to me about my sks and glock. of the 6 hours i was there, 3 of those were talking about those two guns. Its kinda fun to educate people that a sks is just not another sks.
    Maybe you guys saw me and said "oh shit, there HE is, run away!"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Saw a few overpriced SKS rifles at the show, one guy had a Norinco factory /216\ with a gray stock that he was asking $450 for (about a hundred over what it was worth), but he kept prompting me to make him an offer. Of course my buddy from Austin had his AR-50 that he kept dropping the price on but it was still more than I was going to fork over. It is a cool weapon but my wife would skin me if I dropped four large on one (and again, Juan was the voice of reason, he's good to have nearby when I get glassy-eyed over a particular firearm!).

Honestly, I think our little group spent most of its time trying to get each other to spend their money, which was a lot of fun! I even suggested a conglomeration of sorts where we all put in a grand towards the AR-50, since we all live within a few miles of each other in and around Helotes; but that idea lost in a close 3-2 vote (my son always votes for buying another gun!).

I wonder if Skip will hang out with me and my boy at the next show, as Juan learned last month we are very slow to move through the floor. He and Randy made it through the show and backtracked to find us, and we were maybe 25% through it. I just like to get my five bucks out of the show!

All in all, it was another fun show and that's really the reason we go. The Webley was very tempting as were a few GSG-5/522s we saw, but I was feeling poor after handing over a big wad of money to Uncle Sam two weeks ago. But breakfast and the show were a great way to spend a Saturday morning, and we always look forward to it every month. You can't beat a few hours in the company of some really nice folks...

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom