• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    You could probably find the motor from a Durango or Ram at the junkyard. The problem is that you won't know the condition of the engine and many junkyards sell at prices that are way too high for what you get in return. You can buy motors, even complete, from Autozone. That would be less than a high-performance crate motor. It may be cheaper to find an old truck or Durango that you can take what you need and sell off the remaining parts.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wouldn't get one from Autozone or most OTC parts stores. There are recyclers that specialize in used engines/transmissions and will warranty them. Look around a bit.

I'll see tomorrow if I can find some names for you.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I forgot to add one thing. It has to be pre magnum era. La small block. I found one in Hutto, but I dont have a truck in order to go get it.:(

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Is this a FIed motor? We had an '86 Ramcharger 4x4 360 that was just a beast (carbed).

I bet you can find a decent donor truck for the cost you'd fine a crate motor. You'd have access to other incidental parts too.

If I was closer I'd head over and help you take home that one you found, but too far away at the moment.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    thats most likely the way Ill go. I got a 89' (4 x 4) w100 truck with a fuel injected 318 with a dead a727 transmission. Im removing all the computer junk and dropping in a 360 with a 4 barrel thermoquad. The problem is I dont have a another 1/2 ton truck to be able to haul a engine back.

Yes Im aware a magnum series engine can go in but, I want this truck to be old school. This truck has one purpose and thats to drive a total of 4 hours a month to get up to the farm through all the low water crossings, hauling trailers back and forth. Its not a everyday driver.

Top Bottom