More from the Nanny State

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TrailDust, Nov 20, 2009.

1. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Here's another gem from California, also known as the Nanny State.

The California Energy Commission recently voted to ban large screen televisions in order to save electricity and help the environment.

:rolleyes: :bowdown: :bs:

This is yet another example of an asinine and intrusive state government. If Commissioner James Boyd and his cronies really want to save energy in the "...cheapest, simplest way....," then the CEC would ask residents and businesses to curtail the use of unnecessary lights at night. This state could save hundreds of millions--if not billions--per year just by asking people to turn off lights burning for nothing, and the CEC just might be shocked at how many people would comply simply by asking them to do it. I think I speak for a vast number of Californians when I say this state government is too excessive and intrusive with the laws it passes, and at this point their laws mean little or nothing to me. To that end, if I choose to buy a large screen television in the future I will buy it out of state, and have it shipped or otherwise delivered here. Just try to stop me and everyone else from doing it. Defiance in the face of tyranny is a good thing.

Rant over.

2. HarleyMechanix

HarleyMechanix Member

Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    Ironic coming from Hollywood. Why not "go green" and film 10% less reality tv?

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Shut down Hollywood and extend hours at the local library.

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Talk about a carbon footprint and environmental damage! In case anyone here has never seen a television, movie, or commercial shoot (I've seen scores over the years), the waste of resources and the rape of the local terrain is on a scale almost beyond belief. You think you have a nice park or beach, then the film crews come in, and by the time they leave the area looks like it's been carpet bombed by B-52s. Hollywood = hypocrites.

Was that yet another rant? :banger:

5. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Pff, they came this close | | to making thermostats in that state state-controlled by remote.

6. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Every word of that is true. I myself got on the phone and screamed at my representative. The only time the people in California roared over something and stopped government in its tracks. Sad thing is most of the state's residents learned nothing from that. :hammerhead:

7. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    TD, I'll be happy to help your state solve not only fiscal problems, but most every other problem. If you want to save energy, pollute less, and stimulate the economy here is what you do:
    Lay off 50% of your state employees
    Close all offices that provide government services to illegal criminal border jumpers
    Close all of your public schools and go private (public schools can't be working with all the dumb asses there)
    Evict the DHS as they have failed there, thus freeing up buildings the feds are using without paying tax on the property and turn the buildings into for rent gun show space and gun delaers

8. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    sheer beauty.

9. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    TD I pray daily that you escape and find peace in the land of the free - TEXAS is where you need to be!

10. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Yes! Thank you!