Capitol Armory ad

More genius gun disinfo from Bloomberg news...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Gun Patents Set 35-Year Record as Limits on Sales Fail - Bloomberg

Gunmakers such as Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm Ruger & Co. (RGR) are boosting firearms sales by building weapons that are more accurate and easier to use, with gun-related U.S. patents at a 35-year high.

Demand is growing as more states allow people to carry concealed weapons and lawmakers discuss limiting sales after mass shootings at public venues like schools and movie theaters. Ownership is rising among women and the elderly.

Manufacturers are competing for sales with improvements such as magazines that increase a bullet’s accuracy or are lower in cost. Of 6,077 patents issued since 1977 in the firearms class, 19 percent were in the past four years, with a record 370 issued last year, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

“There’s money to be made and everybody wants to protect their moneymaker,” said Larry Hyatt, owner of Hyatt Guns in Charlotte, North Carolina, which has been in business for more than 50 years and carries more than 7,000 guns. “There is a huge amount of technology going into these products.”

Recent innovations include patents issued for voice-command shooting, rifle scopes and a new trigger system. Not all are for the weapons themselves: there’s a gun rest that could attach to a hunter’s leg and a pistol holder for next to the bed. The rise in patents has brought on litigation, with at least eight lawsuits filed since the start of 2013.

So where the hell do they sell these accuracy increasing mags? I really want some, maybe it will make my AR a half MOA gun :rolleyes:
    ARJ Defense ad

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Here lately there seem to be many more 2A advocates taking the libs to task in the commentard section, or am I imagining things?

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ownership is rising among women and the elderly.

You bet your ass us old farts are arming ourselves. Too many young punks out there looking to try to kick our asses because we're old. Well, this old fart is armed and MORE than willing to use that fact to protect/save my old ass....and any of my friends that happen to be around at the time.

Top Bottom