• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So I have been reading up on the Abramski Case.

Guess how he got caught? Yep he had a Bill Of Sale.

Details:

A former state police officer, Abramski got caught up — mistakenly – in a federal investigation of a bank robbery in Rocky Mount in 2009, apparently because he was said to look like the bank robber, although the robber was masked. Abramski was ultimately cleared of any role in the bank robbery and of any federal charges related to the robbery.
    However, during the federal investigation of Abramski, FBI agents searched his former residence in Rocky Mount. That search turned up a receipt that his uncle, Angel Alvarez, had written to him for buying a Glock 19 handgun.

So add him to the list of folks who thought having BOS was a good idea.
    Lynx Defense

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I am not familiar with the case you reference. What was the result of the discovery of the BOS?

Led to charges of a Straw Purchase. He was convicted (Plead) of felony lying on 4473. Case is before SCOTUS right now.

Basically he bought a gun for his uncle since he could get a cop discount. The odd part is he did not hand ther gun to his uncle, he xferred it to his uncle through an FFL as he KNEW it was illegal to hand it to him. So both he & his uncle did 4473 and passed NICS.

1) Abramski is VA resident.
    2) Alvarez is PA resident (And Uncle of Abramski).
    3) Alvarez tells Abramski he wants Glock 19.
    4) Abramski says I can get one with cop discount.
    5) Alvarez send $400 check to Abramski.
    6) Abramski buys Glock from VA/FFL.
    7) Abramksi delivers Glock to PA/FFL.
    8) Alvarez gets gun from PA/FFL.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Why in the world did he plead guilty?

It's perfectly legal to buy a gun for yourself with the intention of gifting it to a non-prohibited person, right?

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    See #5 above, it is not a gift if it is not your money.

Should be legal to buy a gun for yourself. Keep it 1 day, hate it, and sell it to your uncle. Did the uncle rat him out?

Or was the check dated before the gun purchase? That'd do it I suppose. If he had bought the gun first and then had the uncle write the check he'd be in the clear?

Paying him in advance to buy the gun was a dumber move than writing out a BOS I think.

So much idiocy in this case. How hard is it to say: Hey uncle, u got a Glock for X-mas, that one you always wanted. Uncle says: hey nephew how much did my X-mas gift cost? I'll get you something worth the same or just send you X-mas cash.

Guess the badge made him think the rules didn't apply to him.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Saw this thread on the other forum. It is an interesting case. It has tentacles in several directions.

I was confused about the bank robbery part of it until you put it here. No idea it lead to a BOS, but there itis.

I do find it conflicting both went through 4473s and still end up in trouble though. I mean, isn't the purpose of a 4473/NICS check to vett eligibility of a firearm buyer? If so, it did it's job. The perjury bit just seems like a show.

Also I find odd, "perjury" and BOS look like partners in these couple of BOS cases we've discussed here.

One last ramble, why the hell does the govt care so much about citizens lying to them when they lie to us all day long about Benghazi, ObamaCare, Gen. McCrystal, IRS, Fast & Furious, GSA, Rosengate, Solyndra, etc.? Isn't that 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander'? The hypocrisy of what "the law" or "the govt" cares about is staggering.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Saw this thread on the other forum. It is an interesting case. It has tentacles in several directions.

I was confused about the bank robbery part of it until you put it here. No idea it lead to a BOS, but there itis.

I do find it conflicting both went through 4473s and still end up in trouble though. I mean, isn't the purpose of a 4473/NICS check to vett eligibility of a firearm buyer? If so, it did it's job. The perjury bit just seems like a show.

Also I find odd, "perjury" and BOS look like partners in these couple of BOS cases we've discussed here.

One last ramble, why the hell does the govt care so much about citizens lying to them when they lie to us all day long about Benghazi, ObamaCare, Gen. McCrystal, IRS, Fast & Furious, GSA, Rosengate, Solyndra, etc.? Isn't that 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander'? The hypocrisy of what "the law" or "the govt" cares about is staggering.

You always seem to put things so much better than I ever could.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom