Capitol Armory ad

More purchase "delays" than normal... UPIN numbers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    Anyone else besides me been getting delayed more than normal on dealer purchases lately? I've never in my life had more than an hour wait to get approved for any purchase. Over the past 8 or 10 months though I've been twice delayed 24 hours at an Academy and 48 hours once at a Walmart. What is up with that?

Second question, is getting a UPIN number worth the effort? I've heard that just because you have one doesn't mean you won't still get delayed...
    Lynx Defense

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    never been delayed before and i dont have a upin maybe its something questionable about your criminal background or something along those lines

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    on the dealer side i am getting less delays actually. i am experiencing about 1 delay for every 30-40 NICS checks. to me it sounds like someone at FBI NICS chewed their asses to not just delay people because they were too lazy to complete the check. but i have actually found over the last few weeks that they appear to be doing a better job.

if you get delayed all the time i'd suggest an in-state CHL. otherwise get a UPIN. i have a friend with a UPIN and he is an immediate proceed EVERY time now. big difference than the DENIAL he got for no reason than an FBI mix-up.

Top Bottom