• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have a Mosin Nagant Rifle that I am considering selling. It has a date of 1938 stamped on the top of the receiver. The receiver and bolt have matching serial numbers. This rifle is in good shape and the barrel is clean.
    Before I go to the trouble of taking photos and posting a "WTS" ad, I was wondering if there would be any interest in this rifle. I have had it for several years and have never fired it.
    I will provide all of the details if there is enough interest to post it.
    One thing I find interesting about these Nagant rifles is the reported fact that they are most accurate with their long bayonet attached. Seems it helps with the harmonics of the barrel as the bullet exits.
    Texas SOT

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have a Mosin Nagant Rifle that I am considering selling. It has a date of 1938 stamped on the top of the receiver. The receiver and bolt have matching serial numbers. This rifle is in good shape and the barrel is clean.
    Before I go to the trouble of taking photos and posting a "WTS" ad, I was wondering if there would be any interest in this rifle. I have had it for several years and have never fired it.
    I will provide all of the details if there is enough interest to post it.
    One thing I find interesting about these Nagant rifles is the reported fact that they are most accurate with their long bayonet attached. Seems it helps with the harmonics of the barrel as the bullet exits.
    I might be interested as well, depending on condition and price of course.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I used to buy them by the crate from Classic Firearms and have owned about 60 of them. They used to be dirt cheap (under $100) but those days are GONE.

They seem to be going for $300 to $1000 these days.

You can see what they are asking and selling for...........

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Depending on price I could be very interested. I have only had my hands on one, but it was a lot of fun to shoot.

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    I've had a bunch of them as well. I'm down to an M38, an M44, and 2 Finn capture 91/30 (via Big 5). The [SA] marked rifles generally have better triggers and usually are more accurate. If you decide to sell, have interested folks send their phone number for easiest pictures. If the price is fair, the first guy will buy it. PAX

echo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    I've had a bunch of them as well. I'm down to an M38, an M44, and 2 Finn capture 91/30 (via Big 5). The [SA] marked rifles generally have better triggers and usually are more accurate. If you decide to sell, have interested folks send their phone number for easiest pictures. If the price is fair, the first guy will buy it. PAX

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I'll chime in.... it looks like you have more than enough interest for listing.
    I don't have the long version anymore, I sold it. I sort of inherited it from my uncle, and the bore looked terrible... lots of pitting, etc. I cleaned it up, and it shot surprisingly well.
    I also have a short, carbine version.. M39? that I got at a Big 5 in Lubbock about 20 years ago. They had several to choose from, so I got one dated 1954, and paid about $90 for it. It looked brand new. I don't know if it was an arsenal rebuild, or simply unused. The bore sparkled....
    It's a very accurate rifle, for what it is. It really likes the S&B 180gr softpoints. My shoulder doesn't.... :eek:
    It groups them into a couple of inches at 50yds, with open sights and my 60+ year old eyesight, and should be good medicine for deer/hogs, etc...

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I must admit I am surprised by the number of responses. I will take photos tonight and place the rifle for sale in the For Sale section.
    I have the rifle (not sure what model #), a bayonet, a tool belt with a two pouch carrying case, a stainless oil container and some spare rifle parts.
    I also have two brown paper wrapped 7.62x54R factory ammo and two boxes of Winchester factory ammo.

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    I'll chime in.... it looks like you have more than enough interest for listing.
    I don't have the long version anymore, I sold it. I sort of inherited it from my uncle, and the bore looked terrible... lots of pitting, etc. I cleaned it up, and it shot surprisingly well.
    I also have a short, carbine version.. M39? that I got at a Big 5 in Lubbock about 20 years ago. They had several to choose from, so I got one dated 1954, and paid about $90 for it. It looked brand new. I don't know if it was an arsenal rebuild, or simply unused. The bore sparkled....
    It's a very accurate rifle, for what it is. It really likes the S&B 180gr softpoints. My shoulder doesn't.... :eek:
    It groups them into a couple of inches at 50yds, with open sights and my 60+ year old eyesight, and should be good medicine for deer/hogs, etc...
    An M38, more likely. M39 is the Finnish Mosin.

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    since I'm lazy today and don't want to look it up.... what is the 44? Is it another version of the carbine length? I think mine might be Romanian? I'll have to go look at it... or I could have just dreamed that up...
    Could be Romanian or Chinese. That's a type 44. Should have the bayonet and a rather dark colored stock.

echo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    since I'm lazy today and don't want to look it up.... what is the 44? Is it another version of the carbine length? I think mine might be Romanian? I'll have to go look at it... or I could have just dreamed that up...

An M44 is an M38 with a bayo.

Top Bottom