• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    I was looking at the Mosin Nagant Sniper from JG Sales, anyone have any thoughts. It says "New production scope mount (steel)" Is it worth the $449? Thanks for any help.
    Military Camp

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I built a couple of fake snipers back when Century was selling scopes and mounts for $30. Wish I had bought a coiuple of dozen of them. The 91/30 I still have will shoot a solid, consistent 1 1/4 MOA, not bad a for a 3x scope.

J&G's snipers are the same as mine, modern builds, They are not originals. I like mine lot, but woiuld have a hard time coughing up $450 for it.

IMO, the K98 and MN are about equal in capability, just differnt, that's all.

T3hk1w1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    If the scope mounts are "new-production", the rifles are either standard M-Ns that have been "sniperized" to increase the profit margin, or at best they are ex-snipers. Either way, the scope &mount will not be original equipment. If they are anything like the "sniper" RPK mount&scope combos I have seen, it's not worth $100, much less $350.
    Note that it also says the scopes are "of recent production", meaning they are also not original.

Top Bottom