• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Someone gave me a Mosin when they were around $100 , and believe me they are accurate. and pack a punch ! Both out the barrel and on the buttplate, haha. The only thing that I disliked was the horrible trigger pull but surfing around on the net, Mosin forums, and comments I became aware of several fixes, one was a Finnish made trigger and spring, but I ordered a trigger from Huber Concepts I think their name was, adjustable and sweeter than honey ! The best method personally is to surf the net on Mosins and read results and go henceforth.

It is a tough old rifle if you get one with a nice bore and I personally believe the African Big Game Hunters would have loved them, triggers fixed and scoped !

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have one from Cabela's, and it has a nice bore. I have heard you have to be careful buying them, but I have had really good experiences with guns bought at Cabela's. I have seen several on this board selling for near $200. I got mine for $100 last year on Black Friday.
    '

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Does anyone know right off if they'll let someone hand-pick a rifle, or do a bit of leg-work to try and find one with semi-specific markings?

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    great - wasted $130 to get the heater fixed today when I could have used that $$ to get a rifle instead.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Does anyone know right off if they'll let someone hand-pick a rifle, or do a bit of leg-work to try and find one with semi-specific markings?

They have them on a big rack, and you can pick the one you want.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    They have them on a big rack, and you can pick the one you want.

Hah, awesome! Hopefully I'll get lucky then. Just need to remember to take my bore light in with me so that -if- I end up buying one, I'll do so knowing what condition the bore is in before paying.

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    The sale actually started today and the SKS's in the ad are sold out. I am considering going to Cabelas to see if they have any more Mosins and I will take my no-go headspace gauge with me if anyone wants to co-ordinate a time to go up there.

Top Bottom