Mosque minarets banned by Swiss

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DirtyD, Nov 29, 2009.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
  2. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

No flame here and to think only the Swiss had the guts to do it.

3. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Now that we are taking foriegners for president we may want to ask a Swiss to run in the next election.

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Wow, I can't believe the Swiss had the guts to do that! It's a crying shame they didn't have the same intestinal fortitude to say no to the U.S. government when it came to accessing bank accounts and reporting to the U.S. You'll never see the Swedes, Germans, or Brits ban minarets anytime within the next eon.

5. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    WTF? How would everybody feel if they'd banned steeples instead?

No different.

6. hard shot

hard shot Member

Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    seen the news on this bbc reported it on pbs seems like they report more on our gov. than our news report way to go swiss make more cheese
    way to stand up agaisnt the wrong wish they would do that here but you all know that the people would say no already seeing more buddist and muslim churches than before no high towers yet but give them time we might hear calling to prayer all hall nebuchadezzar we all know what happen in the end:fighting0002::mad0071::patriot:

7. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Not mentioned in that article was that there was another resolution up for vote, pertaining to the expot of arms. It passed by an even higher percentage (68%).

Right now, it looks like the Swiss are leading the way in standing up for themselves. Let's take notes.

Jeff B.

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    A good part of my family is Swiss and I have several close friends who are Swiss citizens. When it comes to religion the Swiss are equally disinterested. For all we know steeples could be next. Nevertheless, I was still stunned that they actually did it...didn't think they had anything like that in them.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Interesting...

"The Swiss have failed to give a clear signal for diversity, freedom of religion and human rights," said Omar Al-Rawi

I find this to be rather funny coming from a religion that still stones people to death, has forced rape as punishment, and is tolerant of beating women and beheading Christians ... in the name of their god.

Spend more time squashing zealotry in your own ranks before you go crying about not getting your way.

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think this is more of a move to resist any element that might cause issues in Switzerland. The Swiss have always been pretty good at staying out of conflict, and they probably see this as the next cause of war.