• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Wow, I can't believe the Swiss had the guts to do that! It's a crying shame they didn't have the same intestinal fortitude to say no to the U.S. government when it came to accessing bank accounts and reporting to the U.S. You'll never see the Swedes, Germans, or Brits ban minarets anytime within the next eon.

hard shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    seen the news on this bbc reported it on pbs seems like they report more on our gov. than our news report way to go swiss make more cheese
    way to stand up agaisnt the wrong wish they would do that here but you all know that the people would say no already seeing more buddist and muslim churches than before no high towers yet but give them time we might hear calling to prayer all hall nebuchadezzar we all know what happen in the end:patriot:

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Not mentioned in that article was that there was another resolution up for vote, pertaining to the expot of arms. It passed by an even higher percentage (68%).

Right now, it looks like the Swiss are leading the way in standing up for themselves. Let's take notes.

Jeff B.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    WTF? How would everybody feel if they'd banned steeples instead?

No different.

A good part of my family is Swiss and I have several close friends who are Swiss citizens. When it comes to religion the Swiss are equally disinterested. For all we know steeples could be next. Nevertheless, I was still stunned that they actually did it...didn't think they had anything like that in them.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Interesting...

"The Swiss have failed to give a clear signal for diversity, freedom of religion and human rights," said Omar Al-Rawi

I find this to be rather funny coming from a religion that still stones people to death, has forced rape as punishment, and is tolerant of beating women and beheading Christians ... in the name of their god.

Spend more time squashing zealotry in your own ranks before you go crying about not getting your way.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    A good part of my family is Swiss and I have several close friends who are Swiss citizens. When it comes to religion the Swiss are equally disinterested. For all we know steeples could be next. Nevertheless, I was still stunned that they actually did it...didn't think they had anything like that in them.

I think this is more of a move to resist any element that might cause issues in Switzerland. The Swiss have always been pretty good at staying out of conflict, and they probably see this as the next cause of war.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX

No different.

I don't particularly need a place to pray, I have no problem quietly praying where ever my feet happen to be. If they don't want it in their country then they don't want it. I have actually seen muslim kids marching in military formation at their compounds around here and it's kinda creepy.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    There has been a declared Jihad on the western world. As you don't usually hear or see anyone in the East oppose these declared Jihads I really don't think it unwise for a country to say you guys aren't welcome hear until we can tell the good guys from the bad. Show us you are good and get rid of the bad ones. In many instances a mosque is just a gaudy gun vault.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    GOOD for Switzerland. I wish the US would do the same and then kick them all out.

Yah what ever. I am Politically Incorrect and PROUD of it.
    Muslims have killed thousands in Great Brittan, Australia and Scotland just to name a few countries with their bombings and random shootings.
    Look at the Fort Hood and the four officers that just got gunned down (it has not been said except that any description of the shooter was being with held?!?!?! I wonder WHY)
    PEOPLE need to wake up. The constant everyday terrorist attacks are here in the US.
    Question is now. What is Congress and this POS president going to do about stopping Muslim terrorism in THIS country?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    There has been a declared Jihad on the western world. As you don't usually hear or see anyone in the East oppose these declared Jihads I really don't think it unwise for a country to say you guys aren't welcome hear until we can tell the good guys from the bad. Show us you are good and get rid of the bad ones. In many instances a mosque is just a gaudy gun vault.
    +1
    Police your religion and prove your not hostile then we can sit down and talk about it. Until then you are consider hostile and un-trusted!

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    The gates of Vienna.

Switzerland is just a relative stone's throw from Austria, which very nearly fell to the Ottoman Turks. There may be some institutional memory there. I say good on the Swiss. There is indeed a conflict of civilizations going on. The moslem world has a strong movement to punish the christian world for the crusades. It's not limited to just the bin ladin types. Moslem civilization is not currently compatible with Judeo/Christian western civilization. Perhaps there was once some room for co-existence. Not in the current world. Our survival depends on standing tough, and fighting off the muslim hostility, whether it be terrorism, political correctness, sharia law, or cultural non-assimilation. Good on the Swiss. May we also see the light.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Moslem civilization is not currently compatible with Judeo/Christian western civilization. Perhaps there was once some room for co-existence. Not in the current world.

Excellent you nailed it.

ldcarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Hmmm

No different.

Why would they feel that way? people in the steeples aren't blowing themselves up to kill muslims or anyone else for that matter. Nor do they kill you for your beliefs, or remain silent when someone from their religion does just that. (Although if the people of the cresent moon continue to go down this evil road of death, they are going to learn the hardway from those of us who know thier intent and their hearts). The people of the steeple tend to speakout against injustice, even for the unborn, they tend to support the rule of law...ain't seen any of that over here in the cresent moon society. The people from the steeples aren't the cause of fighting 48 of the 50 wars worldwide. The people of the steeple are the true peace loving religion, to say the other is, is just BS. The swiss called it for what it is. the sooner the rest of us understand it the better able we will be able to deal with this evil religion. :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I applaud the Swiss for this vote.

Reminds me of my hubby's home town taking a stand when illegals started taking over the city. They passed legislation that requires renters and homeowners to provide proof of legal status before they can rent or buy a home. As you can imagine, Hispanic Rights Groups were all over this crying unfair...but it's really not. If you aren't paying taxes and supporting the community you live in, get out. They've solved their illegals problem and the city is coming back.
    In this case, the Swiss are taking preventative measures. With Obama in office and all this pressure to be politically correct, I think we're past the point of prevention but we aren't past the point of redemption. Problem is...will it happen?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I applaud the Swiss for this vote.

Reminds me of my hubby's home town taking a stand when illegals started taking over the city. They passed legislation that requires renters and homeowners to provide proof of legal status before they can rent or buy a home. As you can imagine, Hispanic Rights Groups were all over this crying unfair...but it's really not. If you aren't paying taxes and supporting the community you live in, get out. They've solved their illegals problem and the city is coming back.
    In this case, the Swiss are taking preventative measures. With Obama in office and all this pressure to be politically correct, I think we're past the point of prevention but we aren't past the point of redemption. Problem is...will it happen?

+10

this is a gray area.
    while int his case i agree, if the tables where turned id be pissed. but then again they already wanna kill all of us, so what harm can we do really... i mean they cant get any more angry right?

Top Bottom