473AAF53-E048-4897-B203-081D635D3711.jpeg
    Dear god...optional safety feature

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Pretty crowded subcompact 9mm market with prices ranging from $290 (Taurus) to $500.

IMO they would have been better off going after the G43x or G48 size envelope.

I like more competition, so I hope they do well and force some price competition.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think they should have focused their attention on making a quality duty weapon. Many agencies and civilians trust and use 590/590-a1’s.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pretty crowded subcompact 9mm market with prices ranging from $290 (Taurus) to $500.

IMO they would have been better off going after the G43x or G48 size envelope.

I like more competition, so I hope they do well and force some price competition.

For Mossberg, I consider this the equivalent of Taurus entering the AR15 market recently. Those two markets have been segmented and targeted to the nth degree.

Just doesn’t make sense to me with the expenditures being what they are to launch a new product with a low margin, which make a me wonder how much of the gun is outsourced with final assembly being the only expenditure.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ve never had any issue with Mossberg so I’d be happy to try this one out.

Given the usual Mossberg market though, I would expect this to be on the shelves for around $325 or so. Wonder if the trigger is worth a crap. That matters to me a lot more than a clear magazine.

I also won’t rely on a few hand picked guns taken out to the range for industry reviews either. Want to see how it does when it’s in the hands of consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Article states MSRP is $425 (or $450, think it was $425 though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw one person comment elsewhere they they got onto a waiting list for the gun and their prices was just under $350 for the base model. You can probably expect prices in the $300-$325 range once it's really out there.

Oh, and the TFB TV YouTube channel said the trigger was pretty good and that a lot of people would probably like it better than Glock's trigger.

I'm in the market for a single stack, light weight 9mm that can be concealed without much thought. The Shield and the XDs were at the top of my list. Looks like I have another gun to look at.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    If all Mossberg can come up with their handguns is a clone then they can forget me buy anything.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If all Mossberg can come up with their handguns is a clone then they can forget me buy anything.

Well, it's a clone with better features that many are paying extra to have done after they buy the original gun, an already great aftermarket for sights and magazines, and at a price about $100 less than the original. To each their own though. A better question would be, what's NOT a clone nowadays?

Top Bottom