• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    I found virgin receivers on gum broker and just finished building my shockwave.

No appreciable cost savings . I just wanted something to do.

Now to go out and have some fun with it.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• 20191025_222602.jpg
      20191025_222602.jpg
      346.6 KB · Views: 466

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Took it to the range an was kind of unimpressed. It is not that bad with with recoil but getting decent aimed shots somewhat difficult toward the end of the season I was getting better.

Those mini shells were fun but for some reason they would slip past cartridge stop and pop out while action was being worked. Not an issue with full size cartridges.

I may have to work with it a few more times to come to final decision.

Finished day with.my ksg . Now that put a smile on my face
    Mini shells were a hoot.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have the Mossberg Shockwaves in 20 gauge and .410. They may not be 100% practical, but they're cool as heck! The little .410 is my favorite.

Arthritis makes my hands hurt all the time so I better stay away from the 12 gauge Shockwave.

Flash

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    I found once you get the hang of it you really dont get much felt recoil in hand. I rock up with recoil. Yes even with talon grips it slips. Going to look at a fix I saw on you tube. A couple of O rings to form a barrier near safety. I think a few more sessions will give me a poper understanding on how to handle it accurately. Still it seems that 20 to 25 yards might be its max with shorts shells. It spreads quickly.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Took it to the range an was kind of unimpressed. It is not that bad with with recoil but getting decent aimed shots somewhat difficult toward the end of the season I was getting better.

Those mini shells were fun but for some reason they would slip past cartridge stop and pop out while action was being worked. Not an issue with full size cartridges.

I may have to work with it a few more times to come to final decision.

Finished day with.my ksg . Now that put a smile on my face
    Mini shells were a hoot.
    Opsol adapter fixes mini shell issue you described. Takes about 2 seconds to install.

green laser makes aimed shots much easier.
    188977C6-BAF9-4491-AA02-AA919C9E5C7C.jpeg

Attachments

• 188977C6-BAF9-4491-AA02-AA919C9E5C7C.jpeg
      188977C6-BAF9-4491-AA02-AA919C9E5C7C.jpeg
      349.7 KB · Views: 736

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Nope opsol was installed. They were bumping over cartridge stop
    Interesting. If you give Opsol a call they should replace it. If it is not the adapter then low recoil buckshot is pleasant to shoot as well.

green laser is a must for accurate aimed fire. I am upgrading to the crimson trace laser saddle for mine.FWIW, all of the Opsol adapters I have seen installed have been flawless( mine included with 100’s of rounds through it)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have the Mossberg Shockwaves in 20 gauge and .410. They may not be 100% practical, but they're cool as heck! The little .410 is my favorite.

Arthritis makes my hands hurt all the time so I better stay away from the 12 gauge Shockwave.

Flash
    Why would they not be "100% practical"? I think a 20 gauge would be very practical, especially for home defense, yard defense, vehicle defense, etc.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That’s why you get the adapter and just use the mini-shells. The shockwave becomes a hi-cap pussycat. ;)

EDIT: I’ve had no problems with the OpSol adapter in mine. Firearm functions perfectly.
    Opsol adapter works flawlessly with mini shells in my 590.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I think they are already here.
    I've done some searches and had no success finding any . . . except for some guy in Mississippi that makes them himself. I don't think I'm going with homebrew mini-shells. Maybe someday Aguila will get on board and OpSol will then make an adapter for 20ga too.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I love the 20ga too, but wonder how long before someone develops 20ga mini-shells . . .

I like the sound of 20 ga. mini shells too, but wonder if they would need to be a little less mini to pack enough shot in place to keep it worthwhile.

If I could only fire 2 1/2" plus shells, then 20 ga. is what I would have. Since we have the mini's in 12, that's the direction I went.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom