• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Over at guntrader.com there is a Remington 700ADL synthetic .243 for sale that will shoot 1/8 in groups at 100 yards. Maybe they mean, {1} 8 inch group. No. that couldnt be right. Sighted in two years in a row,would mean {2} 8 inch groups. Without explaining the math, you guys figure it out. Remember groups are measured center to center.HAHAHA!
    Lynx Defense

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Remember groups are measured center to center.

You are laughing for the wrong reason. Yes, they are measured from center to center, but t's possible that the holes in the target overlay each other, so it is possible to shoot 1/8" groups with a bullet larger than 1/8" in diameter.

Laugh at his claim, not the math.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I understand that it is possible. That is why some matches{bullseye} require one round per target. A three round group from a .243 would require hole app .250 inches. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am doing the math in my head.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If it shot a group that small then it was by shear luck, and not the ability of the gun. I've shot alot of Remington 700s and the only one I've ever seen do a group that small was a 700 5R with meticulously handloaded rounds.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    The add said that it would shoot a group of 1/8 inch at 100 yards. Typically goups fired for accuracy are three shots. Three shots from a .243 projectile would definteley have to overlap to produce that size group. Not 1/8 overall, but center to center. Plus, what what really got me going was the price, must be one of those rare guns we see popping up these days.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I would think that if you want to qualify a 1/8-moa rifle, you would have to include the ammo used to attain that accuracy. It surely wouldn't group 1/8" with my old Super-x ammo or with me pulling the trigger. There are other variables besides the rifle to consider.

Top Bottom