Join TexasGunTalk

Most Famous Person You Have Run Into When Shooting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by apopka2012, Sep 9, 2013.

1. apopka2012

apopka2012 New Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Shoot Straight Gun Range (old local where Hwy 441 & Hwy 436 merged in Apopka, Florida)
    Taking the state gun safety course (to get CWP, had DD214 but who doesn't want to share dad/daughter quality time like this) with my daughter who was about 11 or 12 back in '93/'94. Word spreads that Wesley Snipes is out front picking up his gold plated desert eagle .50 caliber & some other gun I don't remember. Everyone starts gawking around the corner ( he was alot shorter in real life then I thought ), couldn't convince my daughter to go get his autograph but someone did. Might not be a big deal to others but in a little red neck town like Apopka it was gossip. I thought the woman he was with was Mariah Carey, but my daughter said it wasn't. Within a year or so he got pulled over for speeding on a motorcycle & possible drugs thrown during chase...and seems trouble has followed ever since. I still like his movies (not just because he's from Orlando) & better close encounter then Bob Hope ('73 crossing the hotel lobby with us peering out the kitchen door) & Hal Linden (Barney Miller on 1st floor Altamonte Mall from the 2nd floor doing some kind of on camera thing). Oh what an exciting life.... who's next?

2. jasont

jasont Active Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Rick Perry showed up at the Texas Multigun Championship last year. Saw Ollie North at the 3 Gun Nation shoot off in Vegas earlier this year.

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Met Kyle Chandler several times at the range I used to work. Even helped him identify and date the M1 Carbine he received as a gift. Super cool guy. Very laid back, and you can tell he's just a genuine nice, good guy.

LOL, you guys will laugh at this one. I met Paul Mitchell, the hair care products guy, at that same range. He brought his young son in and was teaching him to shoot on a .22 youth gun. Also a very cool, laid back, genuine guy.

4. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Ted Nugent and Matt Hughes (UFC fighter) at a NRA convention years ago is all I have.

5. CanTex

CanTex Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Couple of Marines when I was sighting in a rifle. Then there were the Rangers and assorted other groups at Bisley. Not sure you would call them Famous but I feel they are a lot more not worthy than an actor... Just my 2 cents.

6. Polarbear6

Polarbear6 Active Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Gov. Rick Perry twice. Once at Reds Indoor Range and once at McBrides Guns; both in Austin

7. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Sorry to say but just me...

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    I met glockster69.

9. Tejano Scott

Tejano Scott TGT Addict

Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    +1

10. jasont

jasont Active Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Dakota Meyer was working the LaRue demo booth at the ProAm a while back. He called wind and spotted while I tried out the OBR at 900 yards.