• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Maybe rear axle ratio? I know Ford offered the 3.08 as an option over the standard 2.73. My '91 GT was ordered that way.
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Maybe rear axle ratio? I know Ford offered the 3.08 as an option over the standard 2.73. My '91 GT was ordered that way.

From my understanding, the camshaft change was about the endurance of the engine for police usage by moving the torque curve to a better RPM range. Added benefit was it added just a few more horsepower though. Not much, just about 10 to 15 from what I recall.

The axle ratios, might have been ordered depending on where the primary usage of the Mustang was going to be used. CHP bought quite a few to use for pursuit cars on the freeways and open highways at the time. So I would assume they may have been equipped with a higher gear to gain a little more top end speed from them.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    The E36 because I had one just like this. Same wheels and gray interior. It wasn't the fastest but I miss that car.
    BNvM1Fe.jpg

I want a Skyline cuz I'm from the land of the rising sun but they are stupid expensive and most have been modded out.
    ccseet4.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The E36 because I had one just like this. Same wheels and gray interior. It wasn't the fastest but I miss that car.
    BNvM1Fe.jpg

I want a Skyline cuz I'm from the land of the rising sun but they are stupid expensive and most have been modded out.
    ccseet4.jpg

The 3 Series was absolutely iconic, at least thru the E46...then BMW lost their way, but that’s another topic entirely.

For 20 years, every small sporty sedan had the 3 Series as a development target.

I just sold my E46...tranny slipping, warning lights were starting to pop up so off to CarMax it went LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Another car I consider to be iconic is the 1964 Pontiac GTO. It might not have been the first fast factory produced car or even the first musclecar, but it did start the factory movement in many ways of the smaller car and bigger engine era that in some ways brought us many of the musclecars we came to love.

The GTO started out as option for the 1964 and 1965 Lemans, then became a separate model for Pontiac starting in 1967 to 1971.

GTO.jpeg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I always thought that these postal vehicles were an example of something designed by a committee. It looks like so many odd things were added for the benefit of one of the committee members....

Believe it or not, they’re actually called LLV’s (Long Life Vehicles)and were designed by Grumman

They’re built atop a Chevy S10 chassis and are powered by the venerable Iron Duke 4-banger.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Believe it or not, they’re actually called LLV’s (Long Life Vehicles)and were designed by Grumman

They’re built atop a Chevy S10 chassis and are powered by the venerable Iron Duke 4-banger.

A little further off topic.
    Our postman could sure use a new vehicle. (Yes, he's driving one just like above.)
    Anytime he has to kill the engine and restart, thanks Amazon, it damned near won't fire.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom