Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    A little further off topic.
    Our postman could sure use a new vehicle. (Yes, he's driving one just like above.)
    Anytime he has to kill the engine and restart, thanks Amazon, it damned near won't fire.
    Even further off topic.

All the mailboxes in my neighborhood are mounted in brick columns. So far this month, our usual letter carrier has run into and destroyed 3 of the brick columns. Two of the homeowners are still waiting for the postal inspector to come out and asses the damages. Maybe this will be enough to get her useless ass R-U-N-N-O-F-T.
    Military Camp

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    1609380017404.png

It may have already come up, but the Chaparral was quite a car in its day before being banned.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    What was the story about it being banned? I vaguely remember something about it from years ago.

Moveable aerodynamics (wing angle of attack, and airflow ducts that could be opened or closed at speed).

Good article here, fascinating car:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Here’s another icon, first gen Miata “return of the British sports car” by way of Japan

a779d6cbfa1f1ea44c4731998e548232.jpg

I had a Miata for a while and they are fun.

But even more fun is the Honda S2000. The handling is amazing and the short throw 6 speed is nice.

But the real star of the show is the engine. That little 4 cylinder engine is tame below 6,000 RPM, but at about 6,000rpm the variable valve timing kicks in and all hell breaks loose and that thing just rips.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    But the real star of the show is the engine. That little 4 cylinder engine is tame below 6,000 RPM, but at about 6,000rpm the variable valve timing kicks in and all hell breaks loose and that thing just rips.
    1609525538852.png

An old friend had a '98 Supra with a 76mm single turbo setup. It was an absolute slug below 6k, then the turbo would finally spool and off it'd go. Another old friend still has his old b18b Civic with ... who knows what at this point lol. Legit, proven 10 second car but again nothing happened until 6+k and then silliness happens.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had a Miata for a while and they are fun.

But even more fun is the Honda S2000. The handling is amazing and the short throw 6 speed is nice.

Back when Motor Trend road tested the car, they timed an acceleration run when shifting at 5500 rpm. It doubled the time to reach 60mph LOL

Here’s the test:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The Greenwood Corvettes.

5SCWzM0.jpg

rV4uQWx.jpg

tArzZqc.jpg

sthCxrq.jpg

Those are cool Corvettes. One body shop I managed many years ago, the owner was huge Corvette fanatic, and owned several. He had bought a 1978 that was totalled for very little. We ended up doing a total rebuild and putting a body kit on it very similar to the Greenwood cars. Turned out really nice.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I use to watch GearZ with Stacey David. He was always building something cool, like this 1992 Mazda Miata!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I use to watch GearZ with Stacey David. He was always building something cool, like this 1992 Mazda Miata!

A YouTube channel called Guns and Gasoline has archived a ton of Stacey David / Powernation vids (among others)

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I like all the stuff Stacey David works on. Always cool stuff but that hair piece needs an update. He’s starting to look like an old roadie for Twisted Sister... maybe he should get dreads?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    An old friend had a '98 Supra with a 76mm single turbo setup. It was an absolute slug below 6k, then the turbo would finally spool and off it'd go. Another old friend still has his old b18b Civic with ... who knows what at this point lol. Legit, proven 10 second car but again nothing happened until 6+k and then silliness happens.

Watched a lot of Supra mods/tuning/dyno on Youtub... crazy what can be done!!! 600hp is easy, then 900hp, and even 1200hp racing against Veyrons. One was talking about 1500hp... really???

Top Bottom