• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I just got back from watching "Warm Bodies"... Excellant movie! I just wanted to share this cause I thought it was rather odd how the product placement was so damn obvious and it seemed like Ruger payed extra to make sure we got the point. This should not be a spoiler, for any of you who haven't seen it. It is just a few seconds and the dialogue is only about the Ruger. So just click on it and watch. It's kind of funny and a bit corny. My wife has one of these. Why do you think this was stressed so much? Also, do you think it was already in the script, or Ruger was the highest bidder and payed a good amount to make such a cameo?

th_WBclip_zps35d1d948.gif
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Most obvious product placement ever.

Don't know about that, seen a lot of others that were far more bold. NYTimes even did an article about how MagPul paid the makers of Call of Duty to use their products in their games. Don't know if S&W spent a dime on the Dirty Harry movies, but they sure got a windfall out of them. Walther has made special 007 editions of their guns to rake in the success of James Bond and makes sure their guns are the only ones primarily featured by that character. Glock has been helping Hollywood for years to get their guns in the movies and on TV. The Beretta 92FS got a tremendous boost from the Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis films and has appeared in hundreds more and video games. This list could go on and on............

Just saying the marketing departments of these gun makers are pretty savvy and know how to increase their sales by initial product placements and keeping them there, not new and definitely not that spectacular or over the top.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't forget the Wildey. The owner of the company says every time Death Wish 3 is played on tv he gets about a dozen more orders.

Top Bottom