• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    What is the most overrated handgun ever made?
    1. Glock
    2. Sig P series
    3. 1911's in general
    4. Walther
    5. HK
    6. Beretta

or chime in with your own opinions.
    Guns International

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    1. Glock
    2. Sig P series
    3. 1911's in general
    4. Walther
    5. HK
    6. Beretta

LOL, who didn't you tick off with that one.

I don't know who is doing the rating.

All of those guns have a cult following.

The only gun I really have a problem with is Taurus selling the judge with shotshells as a defensive handgun.

Everything else is just details.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    1. Glock
    2. Sig P series
    3. 1911's in general
    4. Walther
    5. HK
    6. Beretta

If you have any overrated 1911's you want to sling my way I'll be happy to take that garbage off your hands at no cost to you. In fact I'll extend my generousity to the Sig, HK, and Walther too.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay I got my thinking done.
    The Judge I have not shot one
    the M9 (Beretta 92) I shot the .40 version
    I really haven't shot any thing else that I would consider "over rated" that I can think of right now.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Judge is overrated as a personal defense weapon, I agree 100%. Any .410-capable pistol seems to be hyped as having good self-defense capability when the opposite is true. Load it with .45 Colt and it'll do Ok, but there are far better choices...

IMO Glock is overrated. They're good, and I've recommended them to people to buy (successfully), but they're not as good as some of the fanboys think.

HK. Pretty much any HK. Guns like the USP have crappy triggers IMO. IMO this goes beyond their handgun line. Who else would charge outrageous amounts of money for something as low-tech as a blow-back rifle in .308 built on a stamped-steel receiver? HK will hit you for $3000 for one of those... if they feel like selling it to us mere mortals this week.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Sounds like more of opinion post.
    Not a fan of glocks ,just don't like they way they feel in my hand and the grip angle bothers me.

M9 (beretta)has served me well during active duty. And will be purchased when I get the cash. Definetly a fan.

Sig never owned/fired one. They are pretty expensive though. Heard good things.

Hav'nt ever saw anything over rated about a 1911, can't wait to own several. there are some absurdly priced ones though. IMO.

Can't say I ever heard anything bad about a Walther either. Never fired one though.

Shot and liked the feel of the USP's Ive tried so can't complain there either.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    IMO, and IME:
    Glocks.
    Tarus' Judge
    Walther's PPK
    and now the one that will get me flamed BIG TIME...
    Colt's SAA. Obsolete by 1900.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    IMO
    1.S&W revolvers-While I love them they command stupid prices
    2.XD's and M&P's-Meh, Glock had it right without all the extras
    3.Ruger Semi Auto's-P series are huge, ugly, and like holding a brick and Kel Tec had it right before the LCR was built, just not quite as pretty.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If you have any overrated 1911's you want to sling my way I'll be happy to take that garbage off your hands at no cost to you. In fact I'll extend my generousity to the Sig, HK, and Walther too.

what he cant carry, ill throw in my wheel barrel

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    HA! This should have been a poll rather than a general thread.
    I would have to say Glock.
    While I like my G17 and am very impressed with it in just about every way. The Glockophants worship the brand as though it were god himself. That blind worship, how they put down every other ( I'm talking the real hard core Glock fans here ) brand there is.
    For their one true gun.

I think most all guns have their merit and place and Glock has one. But it does not belong on the top pedestal before all others any more than any other gun.
    Is it a good gun? Yes, but so is Bersa, Springfield, Colt, SW, Sig, HK, etc.
    Just my .02c

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Judges are overrated in general. But I would rule it out for a backpack gun.
    Some people overrate Glocks. I think they got alot right but lack in grip. My G19 shoots beautifully evey time I pull the trigger and the grip is nice. But to be honest the grip could be better. I like the angle and it points naturally for me, but its kinda blocky.
    My HK is one ov the overrated too. I have one because I got a rediculously good deal on it and its fun to shoot. But the DA trigger is a stretch for my lil smokies. The grip is comfy though. About the only think dont care for is the blocky shape. Its just a touch too large to conceal. But its a great gun.
    Most .380 guns I feel are overrated too. My LCP is stupid accurate and drop in pocket concealable, but its still a pigmy cartrige. But it is what it is. A up close gun. Would just be so much nicer in atleast a 9mm. Thought its debateable that a 9mm from that short a barrel would have much of an advantage over .380.

I have to say the whole Croation sensation faboys are drinking the koolaid too. Shot one, loved it and considered one. But I liked the Glocks more.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom