• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That's cool. Instead of having 2-3 officers they'll pay one what the others would have cost while only getting 1/3-1/2 the manpower. Not to mention the stress on the officer with no sleep to make life and death decisions that could potentially ruin his career/life as well as the public he/she is trying to serve. Defunding is Win/win/win, right? F'n morons.

eta: In no way am I impugning officers trying to make some extra money. Just ranting about a system that is f'd.

Sorry for the thread drift.
    No, its FUBAR and staffing is expected to continue to decrease until 2030...

To bring this back to motorcycles, that means we'll not have a full time motors unit probably until 2030 :(

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    32155f2da5491896906513793ef1aa4f.jpg
    Lynx Defense

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    One of my buddies was a motorcycle cop. He was headed to lunch and had a lady not see him. She pulled out in front of him. Jacked up his keg but he eventually got back in the bike.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    No, its FUBAR and staffing is expected to continue to decrease until 2030...

To bring this back to motorcycles, that means we'll not have a full time motors unit probably until 2030 :(

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    32155f2da5491896906513793ef1aa4f.jpg

What is the department issued ride?

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Not going to do a full review on it but that motorcycle I'm restoring came with a fuel tank sealer kit complete with a heavy duty degreaser/cleaner, rust blaster and metal etcher, and the sealer goop in 1 kit. While I didn't directly pay for the kit, it worked like a charm. Cleaner didn't seem to do a whole lot because my tank was plenty rusty, but I followed the instructions regardless. The rust blaster and etcher is a chemistry marvel that actually got it down to bare metal and left a little zinc oxide coating as an anchor for the tank sealer. And the tank sealer is a hardened silvery coating on everything that was actually easy to apply inside the tank.

Its a little pricey at about $80 for the kit, but if you've seen the price of used tanks (that often come rusty) or new production tanks often well over $100, this may be a kit for you guys repairing and restoring old stuff. It'll work for more than just motorcycle tanks, ATVs, and other toys were advertised as being saved with this stuff. They outline on the bottles safe for just about everything other than fiberglass and plastic tanks, but those wouldn't be rusting anyway.

If you're a cheapskate like me, you can probably get away with $15 just for the tank sealer and using diesel or vinegar to de-rust and whatever cleaner you want. I'm no chemist and couldn't tell you if the zinc-oxide residue is needed for best adhesion or not.

lPghfec.png

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    How do you like the Indian? I've kinda wanted one for a while now, never ridden one or a cruiser, just my Bonneville.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    How do you like the Indian? I've kinda wanted one for a while now, never ridden one or a cruiser, just my Bonneville.

Love it! You might want to test one.

I used to ride a fair amount, but life and work got busy. Buddy let me borrow his Harley for a weekend last fall and I realized how much I missed it.

I've always liked things a bit more "plain Jane" as far as bikes are concerned. Came across a dealer listing online. Fit the bill.

Which Bonneville?

I was looking at a Triumph Bonneville Bobber. Still kicking around the idea. It's a beautiful bike.

Indian has more power, but I'm pretty much past pushing bikes to the point of finding the limits... well, mostly.

"Crotch rockets" can be fun, but it's not how I want to spend my riding time.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Just a regular 2014 T100. I never cared much for the bobbers or scramblers for some reason. Has just enough power to ride anywhere between 60-90 confidently, but not so much power you run into trouble on <50mph roads. Sedate yet confident is how I'd describe it.

No doubt!

Triumphs are beautiful bikes.

Top Bottom