Capitol Armory ad

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    39K miles and I haven't been pulled over even once; how you making out on that nice Z? :evil:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Since the 1250 adventure bike I wanted to ride had already been claimed, I went for the F 900 XR. Smaller and significantly lighter than my bike so a little odd but I'm glad I wasn't on the taller, heavier GS. Our little jaunt took us on 2 flyovers at 69 & BW8 and them mofos make me nervous as f! My mind goes in all kinda horrific directions. :bomb:

I wanted to ride more but with the flyovers, it was already warming up, and a 2hr ride home I called it quits. 104F max today. :mad:

20230722_102845.jpg

20230722_102823.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I've had the pants for a couple years now, much more for cutting the wind than dealing with rain and they are great for that. Only problem is I keep burning them on my pipe.

The jacket is new for today's ride. A medium size covers my 3X padded jacket with thermal and rain liners plus Tee and hooded sweat shirt under that. I wish the sleeves were slightly longer to reach my non-gauntlet gloves and there are no pockets. Jacket is available in black too and all (most?) of the piping is reflective.

Search Frogg Toggs at Cycle Gear, only place I know these specific designs are available.

bilt_frogg_toggs_rain_pants_750x750.jpg

bilt_frogg_toggs_rain_jacket_750x750.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I thought cops were poor.

Oops, never mind. :green:
    1 isn't mine and the 2 others are old KTM 300s my wife and I rode before we had kids... and I buy cheap used cars and do ALL my own maintenance.

That said, the defunding thing made it so I can max out at 76h every single week if I wanted. Last night, my shift had 2 officers and our Cpl, out of a shift authorized 11 officers a Sgt and a Cpl... for shifts that start after 5pm, staffing is so bad the city pays 2xOT... some folks work their 40h, then 36h of 2xOT. Its not worth the loss of sleep to get off my reg gig at midnight then work until 6a, so I come in early and work special events 10 or 20h most weeks.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1 isn't mine and the 2 others are old KTM 300s my wife and I rode before we had kids... and I buy cheap used cars and do ALL my own maintenance.

That said, the defunding thing made it so I can max out at 76h every single week if I wanted. Last night, my shift had 2 officers and our Cpl, out of a shift authorized 11 officers a Sgt and a Cpl... for shifts that start after 5pm, staffing is so bad the city pays 2xOT... some folks work their 40h, then 36h of 2xOT. Its not worth the loss of sleep to get off my reg gig at midnight then work until 6a, so I come in early and work special events 10 or 20h most weeks.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    That's cool. Instead of having 2-3 officers they'll pay one what the others would have cost while only getting 1/3-1/2 the manpower. Not to mention the stress on the officer with no sleep to make life and death decisions that could potentially ruin his career/life as well as the public he/she is trying to serve. Defunding is Win/win/win, right? F'n morons.

eta: In no way am I impugning officers trying to make some extra money. Just ranting about a system that is f'd.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom