Motorcycles . . . + ATVs, SXSs and more, general discussion

Coop45

Well-Known
Feb 9, 2012
texas
Well FRACK! Registered the bike, came out and it wouldn't start :mad:
Turned over some then the battery gave out. Was gonna ride to work tomorrow, new plan . . . wait a while.

PS, the ladies that have worked this tax office as long as I can remember commented they didn't know BMW made bikes, had to look out the window. Maybe mine is the 1st in the county. ;)
What kind of cheese came with it?

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
I need a QUITE street / touring helmet. I know I know . . opinions and taste in women, blah blah. (Redheads & outies suck :p)

Modular is very high on my priority list and with my tinnitus, I always use ear pro if the ride is >10 miles.

Can you highly recommend a <$400 helmet that is quiet?

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
I've been away from the scene too long, I can't help.
Hopefully these other guys can.
I have very limited experience riding fast compared to you but it's not just about who's leading "this lap".

I'll bet you have the means, get a ride that makes you happy and let's cruise. ;)

Davetex

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 27, 2010
Pflugerville

I've had good luck with these Torc modular helmets with bluetooth. I'm on my 2nd one but that's just because I wanted a graphics change. I'd let you borrow one to check out. In fact, I could meet you halfway. Both of them are X-Large, I've got a watermelon head.

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
Thanks for the offer Dave, we shall see. Regardless, I wouldn't mind meeting 1/2 way just ride some day.

I've never even heard of TORC but apparently you have T-28s since it's their only listed modular units. Problem is they are predominately black which to me, doesn't make sense in Texas. My noodle measures 23-1/8" which = 59-60cm. According to Torc's size chart a XL should fit. According to HJC's chart I border on Med-Lg but in the i90 model a 2X is what fits well.

Top Bottom