• ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Yeah, and wait till he gets the bill for the bike he ran over. High end Road bike, will set him back several grand. I wonder if his insurance will drop him? I don't think he has a clue how big the can of worms will be, for this brain fart.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    He said he and nine other cyclists from the Woodlands Cycling Club were riding
    uhg... nine? I'm certainly not going to justify violence against them, but I get really annoyed at these tour de fags as well. They take up the whole road for no damn reason. These cyclists might have well been "doing everything right" as they claim, but out of every group of users I see on the roads cyclists tend to ignore traffic laws the most per capita.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Same here. Rampant lawbreakers, no different then motorcyclists in NYC. If you cannot obey the rules of the road, stay off the road.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It always amazes me how polarizing a simple mode of transportation can be.
    I know lots of folks who use a bicycle as a mode of transportation. That's not the type of person I'm referring to. More like recreational asshats.

I acknowledge that there are recreational asshats in all types of vehicles; just saying the Lance Armstrong wannabes are the worst :laughing:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The guy was wrong, and this whole thing is going to cost him a bundle. However, I have to say that I get just as angry as he did at those damn cyclists. The Woodlands has hundreds of miles of bike trails, but these asshats buy some Spandex and think they're in the Tour de France! They insist on running down busy roads - rolling through intersections without stopping, cutting between cars, etc. They ignore traffic laws, then bitch about how they're not respected! Asshats! You have no chance against a damn Prius in a collision! Act like you have some sense!!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    uhg... nine? I'm certainly not going to justify violence against them, but I get really annoyed at these tour de fags as well. They take up the whole road for no damn reason. These cyclists might have well been "doing everything right" as they claim, but out of every group of users I see on the roads cyclists tend to ignore traffic laws the most per capita.

LOL. Tour de Fags. I'm not a homophobe, but that is funny right there.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The guy was wrong, and this whole thing is going to cost him a bundle. However, I have to say that I get just as angry as he did at those damn cyclists. The Woodlands has hundreds of miles of bike trails, but these asshats buy some Spandex and think they're in the Tour de France! They insist on running down busy roads - rolling through intersections without stopping, cutting between cars, etc. They ignore traffic laws, then bitch about how they're not respected! Asshats! You have no chance against a damn Prius in a collision! Act like you have some sense!!

The bicycles in downtown Austin. I hate hipsters.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Uh Oh - a political thread I'm involved in. Bicyclists, by law, have to follow the same laws as motorists and motorists have to respond accordingly. If cyclists don't, they get ticketed, ask me how I know. I used to ride a lot. Bubba throwing beer bottles at you when he thinks you impede his drunken rampage driving - not so much. I have been shot at, almost run over, had the flying bottles chunked at me - honestly, how much are we slowing you down?

If the cyclists are all over the road, it's on them - for sure, as it should be. They must conform to the rules too. If they're being ass hats, and clogging up the road - fine - give them a ticket. 90 times out of a hundred its the driver in a motorized vehicle that causes the problem.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Montgomery County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Clark and accused of two crimes; felony criminal mischief and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Off to jail you go with a felony that will stick for a life time.

...or what's left of it at 74 years old

Last edited:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Hard to tell what really happened here. I used to be interested in riding bikes and got on some kind of e-mail list or forum (can't remember anymore). The attitude of the bicyclists was absolutely incredible. They seemed to hate people in cars and thought they could do whatever they wanted and the auto drivers could just wait. Now, motorcycle riders heavily distrust "cagers" when on their bikes (self preservation kind of thing), but I never got the same kind of disdain for auto drivers that I picked up from the bicyclists.

I'd be curious to see the whole video. May well be that this is just a cranky old fella who didn't want to be slowed down, but it could also be some d-baggery on the bicycle riders part as well.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The road that my mother in law lives on has a serious cyclist infestation. I can see someone doing something similar to this there... The road is 2 lane, no shoulder, and very twisty... The speed limit is 45. I have come around a corner a number of times and had cyclists right there, struggling up the hill at about 5 miles an hour and was damn lucky that there wasn't anyone coming in the other lane. Cyclists do not belong on roads that weren't designed with a place for them to ride and not impede traffic and be a f*#king road hazzard.... I miss my super duty because I used to love spewing black smoke in their faces as I went around them... They can all f*#k off if you ask me..

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Hard to tell what really happened here. I used to be interested in riding bikes and got on some kind of e-mail list or forum (can't remember anymore). The attitude of the bicyclists was absolutely incredible. They seemed to hate people in cars and thought they could do whatever they wanted and the auto drivers could just wait. Now, motorcycle riders heavily distrust "cagers" when on their bikes (self preservation kind of thing), but I never got the same kind of disdain for auto drivers that I picked up from the bicyclists.

I'd be curious to see the whole video. May well be that this is just a cranky old fella who didn't want to be slowed down, but it could also be some d-baggery on the bicycle riders part as well.

As true as that may be, someone in Grandpa's family needs to have a serious sit down with him. All of this activity leading up to getting out of the vehicle with a baseball bat could have got him two center mass. Had he raised the bat just a little bit higher, BOOM! At least now he will lose his drivers license and it may be illegal for him to threaten people with a bat.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm not anti-bicycle. I'm anti-arsehole.
    My Mom&Pop live up in the Hill Country. The FM road to their house is narrow, hilly, twisty, with many blind curves and no shoulders.
    For some reason the bicycle mobs love this road.
    It does suck when you come around a curve at 50mph and there are 876 bicyclists in the road. And of course they are strung out for 2 miles and refuse to GTFO of the way. So there you poke along at 5.3mph for 12 miles until you can pass them. This is asshole behavior.
    I've seen bicyclists blow through stop signs and red lights.
    There is a two lane road near my house that has no shoulders. It does have a sidewalk. For some reason bicyclists like to ride on this street in the early pre-dawn hours. They just HAVE to ride on the street.Not on the sidewalk. A few of them actually take the time to wear a itty-bitty tiny white light about the power of a lightning bug. You drive up on them and BOOM! there is an arsehole in the headlights in the middle of the street flipping you the bird. Like he didn't see me coming? Please.
    They may have the right-of-way but they also need to understand we in the auto can't see or hear them in the dark.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm not anti-bicycle. I'm anti-arsehole.
    My Mom&Pop live up in the Hill Country. The FM road to their house is narrow, hilly, twisty, with many blind curves and no shoulders.
    For some reason the bicycle mobs love this road.
    It does suck when you come around a curve at 50mph and there are 876 bicyclists in the road. And of course they are strung out for 2 miles and refuse to GTFO of the way. So there you poke along at 5.3mph for 12 miles until you can pass them. This is asshole behavior.
    I've seen bicyclists blow through stop signs and red lights.
    There is a two lane road near my house that has no shoulders. It does have a sidewalk. For some reason bicyclists like to ride on this street in the early pre-dawn hours. They just HAVE to ride on the street.Not on the sidewalk. A few of them actually take the time to wear a itty-bitty tiny white light about the power of a lightning bug. You drive up on them and BOOM! there is an arsehole in the headlights in the middle of the street flipping you the bird. Like he didn't see me coming? Please.
    They may have the right-of-way but they also need to understand we in the auto can't see or hear them in the dark.

IIRC riding a bicycle n the sidewalk is illegal.

Top Bottom