• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Deceitfully enough, the first edit of this story said the man had 20 handguns and 16 rifles :rolleyes:

(I think AP news should start receiving some correctional attention overall. They like to lead off with incorrect, often over the top "facts")

FOXNews.com - Motorist Holding 16 Guns Arrested Outside L.A. Airport - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Motorist Holding 16 Guns Arrested Outside L.A. Airport

Friday , January 09, 2009
    service_ap_36.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

LOS ANGELES —
    A motorist with 16 guns and at least 700 rounds of ammunition in his pickup truck was arrested Friday at a vehicle checkpoint as he entered Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said. The weapons and ammunition were in a container in the back of the man's truck, which was stopped by airport police officers at a major entrance to the passenger terminals area, said airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles.
    The 47-year-old man's identity was not immediately released.
    Only one of the weapons, a revolver, was loaded, airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb said.

The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle, he said.

Police initially reported that 37 weapons were found in the truck. Castles said that count was an estimate based on the number of containers in the truck, which did not all contain weapons.

Holcomb said there was no indication the man was out to do any harm at the airport and was apparently there to pick up someone.

"He just made a very bad decision and should not have been carrying those weapons," Holcomb said.

Airport police routinely set up vehicle checkpoints at roads leading into the airport's central ring roads, but Castles said it is rare to find so many weapons at once.

The FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating whether the weapons were properly registered.
    Capitol Armory ad

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    "The FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating whether the weapons were properly registered." - - - AKA, figuring out how to charge the man with a crime, and disarm him.

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    "He just made a bad decision"...ah come on now, who in their right mind would drive into any airport much less LAX with that many guns in his truck? I'm speculating he's a couple bricks shy a full load. This gentleman's 'bad decision' is what gives gun owners bad press.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    First off, I have yet to hear a law banning gun possession at airports, like a previous post stated before... you can check guns for luggage. I think is a probable reason for this guy to have so many guns in containers in his truck would be he was going to take the person he was picking up shooting or hunting that day... but that's just speculation. Personally I would like to also comment that I would feel a lot safer driving in the areas around LAX with a loaded revolver.

The Charges: Felony transport of an "Assault" rifle? what is there different rules for having a AR-15 in your truck than having a Remington 700? I'm a native Californian, and as much as I love my home state... their gun laws really Irk me. BTW Sacramento's new sheriff got voted in on the promise of easier CHL's so don't get the wrong idea... actually most Californians are fine with guns.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    "The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle, he said."

I have been thinking that one over, and I still don't get it.

How can there even be a possibility that transporting a legal firearm could be a Felony?

Even for the dimwits in Commiefornia, that makes no sense!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    "The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle, he said."

I have been thinking that one over, and I still don't get it.

How can there even be a possibility that transporting a legal firearm could be a Felony?

Even for the dimwits in Commiefornia, that makes no sense!

California has different laws than Texas. Apparantly, some of the weapons were not legal or not in a legal configuration for that state.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    First off, I have yet to hear a law banning gun possession at airports, like a previous post stated before... you can check guns for luggage. I think is a probable reason for this guy to have so many guns in containers in his truck would be he was going to take the person he was picking up shooting or hunting that day... but that's just speculation. Personally I would like to also comment that I would feel a lot safer driving in the areas around LAX with a loaded revolver.

The Charges: Felony transport of an "Assault" rifle? what is there different rules for having a AR-15 in your truck than having a Remington 700? I'm a native Californian, and as much as I love my home state... their gun laws really Irk me. BTW Sacramento's new sheriff got voted in on the promise of easier CHL's so don't get the wrong idea... actually most Californians are fine with guns.

California has strong weapons laws.

An AR15 is an "assault rifle" in California.

here is the law " Any person who, within this state, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon or any .50 BMG rifle, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for four, six, or eight years.

Take a look

12275 thru 12290 Assault Weapons - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom