APOD Firearms

Mountain Lion in Princeton area (Collin County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Could be the same cougar that was spotted earlier, about twenty miles south in Dallas County.

https://archive.vn/dyPvh
    (NBC/Texas Parks & Wildlife archived article)

Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    get some
    129980282_3476892795699205_1580197176074814408_o.jpg

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    2009 a big one was taken near Junction, TX , it was mounted and on display at the local sporting goods store on Junction, it was huge.
    attachment.php

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    If it is the same one, it may be working it's way around to the east side of Lake Lavon.

I had figured it was migrating into the area from the north/northeast. But now it looks like maybe it's moving into the area from the south.... IF it's the same one. I suppose there's the possibility of a mating couple trying to establish a new territory. Certainly that type thing happens in close proximity to large population centers (just take LA county, as an example).

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Cougars are cool to see, but if you are out hunting and see one while walking in you will spend the rest of the day looking over your shoulder.
    You might have a really hard time on safari in Africa! Beside the big cats, buffalo, elephants, rhino, hippos, hyenas, crocs & snakes would have you totally freaked out! I still remember the first time a felt a rhinos foot steps as it was up on the ground blind I was in. Even better was sitting around a fire in a boma & hearing lions roaring most of the night.

Best advice a professional hunter told me about snake bite was if you get bit, find some shade to die in!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All.

We had a condo just outside of McKinney for several years (until about 5 months ago) & given my known interest in wildlife (And as a TMN, with my contacts in the TPWD), I find it "somewhat peculiar" that I didn't even hear any "common gossip" about a big cat being present/seen anywhere near Collin County.
    (My GUESS & that is all that it is, is that it was a "non-resident male", who was a "traveling salesman". = Fwiw, some male "collared cats" have been tracked as much as 300 miles from "home".)

Note: Research by various state Game Departments indicates that female pumas seldom ever venture beyond 5 miles of their place of birth, UNLESS they are driven out by scarcity of food, severe natural disaster OR by "too much nearby human activity".

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom