Mountain Lion roaming Rowlett

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Shooting at a dog/yote or mountain lion with a handgun in a neighborhood is, shall we say, less than ideal. Most wont be hitting what they're aiming for. Most dont have the wherewithal to actually do the job properly cause it's very close in work. Most will be cleaning their shorts post incident as well.

You probably wont see the mountain lion attacking you either. If you do, its intentions probably arent an attack.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
Dec 12, 2010
Eagle Mountain Lake area
deemus,

Fwiw, we have a "resident queen" on our family farm near Talco, TX. = She often brings her kittens out to play on our pool dam early in the Spring mornings.

According to a TPWD biologist, "Unless there is a shortage of prey for food OR the female is 'driven away by human activity' most female cougars will not generally travel much beyond 5 miles of their place of birth. On the other hand, males have a large territory & may range over very large geographical areas."

ours, satx
A 5 mile radius is about 78 square miles....

I know of one out near Paradise in Wise County that is spotted from time to time.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014

I know of one out near Paradise in Wise County that is spotted from time to time.
lonestardiver,

"Our personal queen" seems to be a REAL HOMEBODY, inasmuch as she is seen very frequently by our family members in the early mornings & late afternoons.
(As long as my Uncle Wayne lived, she was in NO danger as he threatened to give anybody a "through thrashing" who molested HIS big cat. = Now, my "kid sister" & my niece, Tara, seem to have taken over that task.)

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
My daughter has them on her place near the Red River. She sent me a pic of one less than 1 year old.

I reminded her it has parents.
I started to say, as I recalled, the trail camera photo taken at the deer feeder (mentioned above), was thought to have been a female. But it was so long ago, I had forgotten that detail. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some breeding population(s) hadn't taken up residence along those Texas/Oklahoma Red River counties.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 9, 2013
The Big Country

When I was growing up there, we saw big cats lots of times. Wasn’t uncommon for coon hunters to lose good dogs to cats. Of course that was more than 30 years ago.

General Zod

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2012
Kaufman County
I wonder how many family pets and/or kids have to be eaten before the liberals begin to advocate for open carry in their neighborhoods. I myself hate to see the pets attacked but the kids of liberals? Meh.
It could be in their living room eating their toddler and a liberal would still insist that having a gun won't make anything better.

FireInTheWire

Hold my beer....
TGT Supporter
Shooting at a dog/yote or mountain lion with a handgun in a neighborhood is, shall we say, less than ideal. Most wont be hitting what they're aiming for. Most dont have the wherewithal to actually do the job properly cause it's very close in work. Most will be cleaning their shorts post incident as well.

You probably wont see the mountain lion attacking you either. If you do, its intentions probably arent an attack.
I'd assume it'd go something like this. These are the top hunters in the nation. Bear blew their cool.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members