• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I've been reading some threads here and on other sites. I have seen a few lights that I am interested in but I'd like to get some of yalls input.

I am still gathering info and am open to yalls suggestions on a light that would fit what I have in mind.

1. I am not very interested in a strobe feature or different brightness levels.
    2. I would like it to have the ability for me to hold the power switch for temporary light and a firm press to have constant power.
    3. I would prefer that it uses (1) CR123 battery.

I am open to suggestions for lumens and any other options I left out.

Ty for your knowledge.
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I like the TLR1s, though it doesn't meet (2) or (3). It uses 2 batteries, and you toggle the switch one way for temp and the other way for constant.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Budget isn't considered. If I find something I want, I will fit it into the budget or save up for it.

I'm unsure how to answer the question about how the AR is setup so I will try my best to answer the question. I have an M4 with a quad rail with flip up sight in the front. Therefore, I plan on running the light at 9 oclock. Hope this answers the question.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm unsure how to answer the question about how the AR is setup so I will try my best to answer the question. I have an M4 with a quad rail with flip up sight in the front. Therefore, I plan on running the light at 9 oclock. Hope this answers the question.

I asked, because some people who run vert grips like to put em in an offset at 1 o clock to avoid the need for a pressure switch. Also some people mount them to a moe handguard. I like the cheaper g2l, and g2x surefires. I know there are better and brighter lights out there, but these seem to do the job just fine.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Screw CR123. Go rechargeable. I haven't tried it yet, but this should fit in a 1" ring: Strion® Series - Strion® LED | Streamlight

All I have laying around is a pair of 30mm rings which are way too big. But 1" should work fine.

You've got light press for temporary on, double click for strobe, click and hold to choose between three different intensities.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I asked, because some people who run vert grips like to put em in an offset at 1 o clock to avoid the need for a pressure switch. Also some people mount them to a moe handguard. I like the cheaper g2l, and g2x surefires. I know there are better and brighter lights out there, but these seem to do the job just fine.

Currently I have an AFG but I have a RVG on order so I will mount that and then have to imagine where the light would be most accessible.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Im using a Fenix TK15 on an offset Daniel Defense mount. Works great for me and has plenty of throw at night for a 100yd shot.

Top Bottom