Venture Surplus ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    How do you like that thing? Ive been looking at getting an hk clone in .223.

This one is a frankenHK. It's a 53 with an 11" 1:7 barrel. I'm an HK33/53 fan, but they just don't beat an AR. They are a neat addition to any collection though.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What mounts are you using? I've never really been a fan of how the HK mounts have to clamp on, but I guess they work fine?

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    What mounts are you using? I've never really been a fan of how the HK mounts have to clamp on, but I guess they work fine?

The MSG90 uses PSG-1 tabs, an MSG90 scope mount and A.R.M.S. Low STANAG rings. It's WAY sturdier than the typical HK mounting, but still not perfect in my opinion. The HK53 and HK33 use MFI Low Pofile mounts and Badger Ordnance Standard rings. The MFI mounts still suck, but they are the best around for traditional mounting on HKs.

1098cya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Kalifornya
    Those HK's are sure damm pretty and exotic. Don't get to see very many at my local range. As for installing optics, I just purchased

a Leupy 1-4X "Zombie" scope and LaRue SPR-E mount for my frankengun AR. Since I never fooled around with an optic with

magnification before, zeroing was going to be a challenge for me. Getting the fractions part down (1/16) moa at 25 yds, (1/8) at 50

yds, and finally (1/4) at 100 yds,....then the right amount of clicks....and actually seeing the rounds impact where they should...was

so much fun! I know,.....I don't get out much....but what a blast. God help the Zombie that tries to get close to me now.

33xanpt.jpg

6y08b4.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The MFI mounts still suck, but they are the best around for traditional mounting on HKs.
    For $125 they shouldn't suck... Does it have more to do with how the receiver is designed than the mounts themselves? I wonder if it would be better to braze or weld a rail to the receiver.

Top Bottom