Patriot Mobile

[Movie] Avatar- Is the general's guh holstered backwards?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Its in a drop leg holster and the pistol's grip is pointed forward. I find it hard to believe they would make THAT big of a mistake (although very possible)..

Is there a reason behind it?
    Hurley's Gold

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    2li9b0j.jpg

2vi4bjk.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Some kind of weird cross draw?

I didn't really notice it during the movie. The gun is on his left leg and he is shooting right handed.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looks like the only way the gun will hoster is the way it is. I think it is some cross draw like stated above. I haven't seen the movie so maybe there is something in the plot to explain this.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    First time I saw it I immediately took it to be some kind of cross-draw option and my suspicions were confirmed in another scene when you see him firing right handed though his weapon had been on his left thigh. Look at the size of that thing, too!

Avatar isn't a bad movie when you take it for what it is. Dances With Wolves meets Fern Gully in space.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    First time I saw it I immediately took it to be some kind of cross-draw option and my suspicions were confirmed in another scene when you see him firing right handed though his weapon had been on his left thigh. Look at the size of that thing, too!

Avatar isn't a bad movie when you take it for what it is. Dances With Wolves meets Fern Gully in space.

. . . . . meets Pocahontas. My brother and I had a big debate on this one.

The story is kind of predictable, but the ride is really fantastic.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    The crossdraw thing is just Hollywood's idea of cool. It makes the guy a maverick or something. In reality a drop-leg cross-draw would be too far/ackward to reach either sitting or standing.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    And of all the things about that movie that you guys could be nit-picking... it's the way that the evil Colonel guy has his side arm holstered. What's wrong with this picture?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    And of all the things about that movie that you guys could be nit-picking... it's the way that the evil Colonel guy has his side arm holstered. What's wrong with this picture?

Don't sit next to a bunch of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers. They can ruin ANY movie.

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    Don't sit next to a bunch of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers. They can ruin ANY movie.

HEY! We make the move MORE realistic! See, the deal is that this guy sits on his arse a lot, so the holster is fixed so the grip dies not bump and get hung up on the chair all the time, this way when he sits the grip is UP ^^^ . A lot of thought went into this... and then yall just pick on it. shame, shame...

Top Bottom