• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Got a chance to scoot off to the theater to see "The Accountant" about noon today. I liked the flick a lot and it kept my attention and interest, the whole time! The flick runs about 2 hours and there's plenty of action.

The Accountant is a very special guy. He is gifted in mathematics and has the ability to root out the truth from books that have been "cooked" for many years. The big problem here, is that his clients are some of the most crooked and ruthless people in the business world! He is hired to find out where major money has been bled off of a huge business. Many Dollars and lives are hanging in the balance and things get violent as each side covers its ass.

Don't want to give the story away. As it unfolds, it gets more and more interesting as many treacherous plans are uncovered!

The way this story was told was fascinating! Many levels of flashbacks show the Accountant's current activities, tell the story of how he became the man that he was. Other side stories show the progress of the Feds in trying to determine who this guy is. Still more side stories, show what the bad guys are doing to finish him off. It all ties together at the end in a nice tidy package.

I really loved the way this story developed. It made you stay hooked up and interested!

There was no sexual content, language was pretty tame by 2016 standards but there was plenty of violence.

The accountant was equipped and skilled with 50 cal semi auto rifles. He had many other deadly skills but was very quiet and said little. This guy was a bad ass!

I liked "The Accountant" a lot! It was very interesting and entertaining! I gave the flick an A+ and recommend it highly! I strongly suggest that you pop for this one!

Flash
    Gun Zone Deals

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I judge a movie on things that professional reviewers don't even consider. I don't get into "star power" because I don't care a flip about the Hollywood types that are involved. My interest is about the story, how I react to it and time. They took part of my life. Was it worth it?

Here are some of the questions that I use in reviewing a movie:
    Was it interesting?
    Was it predictable?
    Did I doze off (or want to)?
    Was it annoying?
    Are the special effects mind numbing or did they help to tell the story?
    Is sexual content part of the story or is it just for shock value?
    Are the characters believable?
    Did the flick capture my interest and hold it?
    Was the flick a good expenditure of time?
    Did I feel glad that I saw the flick?
    Was I glad that the flick was over?
    Did I wish that the story continued on?
    Did I learn something new or see something memorable?
    Scenery..... Was it beautiful? Did I see something new & exciting?
    On "franchise flicks" did this installment tell the story on a stand alone basis?
    If you took your family to see this flick, would you need to apologize for any content?

Anyway, I see the flick and react to it like you might see and react to it if you were setting in that theater seat.. Then that's what I report.

As to Hollywood types who actively oppose our Constitutionally guaranteed rights............. I really don't care about that any more. Except for actors like Jim Carrey and Amy Schumer who are so repulsive that I can't stand the sight of them, who cares about their politics? They are like whores who put out for a Dollar. It's just a "poke", nothing more.....snicker. Simply put.....it's not worth worrying about!

Flash

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As to Hollywood types who actively oppose our Constitutionally guaranteed rights............. I really don't care about that any more. Except for actors like Jim Carrey and Amy Schumer who are so repulsive that I can't stand the sight of them, who cares about their politics? They are like whores who put out for a Dollar. It's just a "poke", nothing more.....snicker. Simply put.....it's not worth worrying about!

Flash

Amen.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Friend told me last night it was an excellent action movie......

Thanks for the confirmation/review....

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

I had my 70th birthday this month (October) and took an inventory of the things that I really give a damn about. There were far too many items on the list, so I divested myself of most of them. God, Jake (my dog), home, friends were the only things that I kept. This will be the last election that I'll concern myself with. All shits are given...........snicker.

Flash

Top Bottom