• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dead_eye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2018
    Virginia
    Howdy,
    My name's Avery. I live in Virginia and will be moving down to Tyler, Texas temporarily this fall. I'm not familiar with the Texas laws at all so I want to find out as much as possible before I get down there and do something I ought not to haha.

I was mainly concerned about what the laws are like having to do with carrying both handgun and long gun on person and in vehicle, loaded/unloaded, permit/no permit, etc. I've tried doing some research about the subject on my own but everything I've found seems pretty loosely explained. I apretiate any feedback at all!
    Thanks,
    Avery
    Military Camp

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Welcome

This covers the basics and should keep you out of trouble with the law. Basically, without a License to Carry, you can carry handguns and long guns openly or concealed in your home and on your property. You may keep a handgun or long gun in your vehicle, loaded or unloaded, without an LTC if you are legally eligible to own firearms. No requirement for them to be locked up.

If you have specific questions, post them in the General Firearms and Ammo forum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texas

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Welcome to the forum! To the best of my knowledge you can carry a handgun in your vehicle without any permit but it cannot be exposed. Not sure about the law concerning a rifle/shotgun at this time but years ago you could hang it on a rack in the back window of a truck and no body cared. I "think" it does not need to be out of sight. More folks will be on here soon to clarify it in more detail and more accurately.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Howdy,
    My name's Avery. I live in Virginia and will be moving down to Tyler, Texas temporarily this fall. I'm not familiar with the Texas laws at all so I want to find out as much as possible before I get down there and do something I ought not to haha.

I was mainly concerned about what the laws are like having to do with carrying both handgun and long gun on person and in vehicle, loaded/unloaded, permit/no permit, etc. I've tried doing some research about the subject on my own but everything I've found seems pretty loosely explained. I apretiate any feedback at all!
    Thanks,
    Avery

Welcome to "DIXIE" & Texas.

FYI: Moving from VA to TX, is moving UP in our World !

Le Vieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom