Join TexasGunTalk

Moving from Tucson, Arizona

Discussion in 'Lubbock' started by brian10x, Jun 23, 2013.

1. GPtwins

GPtwins Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    If you like hot and dry, try San Angelo. I lived there for 10 years, 13 - 23, and there are two gun ranges that I know of. One out by the Goodyear proving grounds and one out by Lake Nasworthy (Nasty water).

2. brian10x

brian10x New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, that is the input I was looking for. Is it mostly English speaking? Do I have to be bi-lingual to get a job?

3. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I live in brownfield just southwest of Lubbock. What kind job are you looking for?

4. brian10x

brian10x New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm looking for a job as an automotive service advisor or service manager. I've got 30 years experience starting with turning a wrench and going from there. Not a mechanic anymore, thanks to my back. Ouch. :(

5. brian10x

brian10x New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    I've given thought to going back to work as a male prostitute, though. But its not as fun as it used to be.

6. 04zx3

04zx3 New Member

Jun 30, 2013
    hey

I live in Lubbock and I am from Abilene... so if you have any questions, let me know

there is talk about maybe getting a outdoor range..

there is one indoor range

7. brian10x

brian10x New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    I answered you in the other thread. If you have any comments, I'd like to hear them, good or bad!

I guess CDNN Investments is too far to drive to? I've always wanted to go there. Its like my Mecca.

8. Rangerscott

Rangerscott Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Lubbock sucks geographically. Flat for days and sand in your face 320 days a year. I moved here from Abilene and wish I never had. At least when the wind blows in Abilene there's this stuff called grass to keep dirt from entering the sky.

Work wise I couldn't tell you since I'm not in the same field. Don't move to midland/odessa unless you dont mind being raped on rent/housing. The oil boom is making people super greedy. That is if you can find a place.

There is only an indoor range here now. A butthole bought the range in Slaton and made it his own playground.

I'd definitely make sure I had a secured job before moving.

9. brian10x

brian10x New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks for the advice. Abilene is right up there at the top of my list also.

From what I can tell, a lot of people feel the same way as you about Midland/Odessa. A lot of people on the interwebs don't like living there, and I couldn't find anywhere to live that I could afford.

So, if you life in Abilene, where do you shoot your rifles? Just my luck your indoor range doesn't allow .44mag like the ones here, also.

Not moving until I get a job and have moving expenses, thats for sure.

10. Rangerscott

Rangerscott Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I have no clue. I know there is a skeet club by kirby lake.

If youre talking about going to cdnn to look around forget it. They dont allow walk ins. They dont advertise or have a sign, and use a PO box for an address.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013