• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Good possibility that I will be moving to DFW. I don't want to discuss the details until later tonight, as I still have to iron out the details myself. I know absolutely nothing about DFW, the traffic, the areas, etc.

Need info on some good parts of town. I would be working in Irving. Not particularly looking to travel more than ~30minutes.

I've looked at Coppell and Carrolton. Anyone know of any rental homes, townhomes, apartments that are "good"?

Any information would be welcome, as this decision is probably going to need to be made very soon.
    DK Firearms

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I work near Irving/Las Colinas area. Coppell, Lewisville, North Dallas, if I knew about where in Irving you would be working I could be more specific. But there are definitely some places you dont wanna be, for sure. I drive in from Sunnyvale, which is right near Lake Ray Hubbard. Takes me anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. On the bright side of things..............we have some pretty cool ranges up here! Lol.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I'm not familiar with those areas. I live closer to Richardson and Garland. Good luck though. (See...my crystal ball was right.)
    you mean the magic 8 BALL don't ya;).....
    th?id=H.4757029508874743&pid=15.jpg

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm not trying to be rude, but I really want to keep this thread on topic. I can bullshit with you guys in the post whore thread later, this is important and I don't want to have to eventually end up going through a few pages of stuff to find 5 relevant posts.

But thanks for all the support.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I work near Irving/Las Colinas area. Coppell, Lewisville, North Dallas, if I knew about where in Irving you would be working I could be more specific. But there are definitely some places you dont wanna be, for sure. I drive in from Sunnyvale, which is right near Lake Ray Hubbard. Takes me anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. On the bright side of things..............we have some pretty cool ranges up here! Lol.

It's very close to W. Irving Blvd, or 356 which is what Google also calls it, and Rock Island Rd.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    That is literally about a mile from where I work. Give me a few minutes to look at the surrounding areas and Ill send you some options. Certain areas may be more for rent, I will mark those for you so you have an idea.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Euless, Bedford, North Richland Hills are to the West of your work location. Grapevine, Colleyville, Lewisville, FlowerMound, Farmers Branch, Coppell are to the N and NE. Then you have North Dallas/Richardson area, also Plano and Garland.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    DFW traffic is better than Austin traffic, so there's that, but yeah. You can expect your 30 minute commute to turn into between 45 minutes and just under an hour. I wouldn't expect anything more than doubling, though - I have a 45 minute commute to McKinney that turns into an hour and a half in rush hour. I'd be surprised if yours stretched to an entire hour unless there was a wreck or something.

Most of the suburbs in the area aren't too bad - just keep your eyes open. A crap neighborhood here looks like any other crap neighborhood. Try not to live in Dallas, though. Carrollton, Hurst/Euless/Bedford, Plano, etc. are good options. I rarely actually enter Dallas except to go to work.

Get a TollTag first thing. It'll save you half the cost on tolls, and it's damned hard these days to get anywhere without going onto a toll road. If you've got one for the toll roads in Austin it'll work up here.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    And it's a done deal, so I can go ahead and reveal some more info.

I am looking to say at the sub $750/mo range. I plan to look into the various areas everyone is listing, but the proximity to work in Irving is crucial.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    There is some good living in Irving and Las Colinas. I'm in the far north east corner of the county so I don't know the Irving area so well. There was a friend-of-a-friend that lived out that way for a while. Had a nice apartment by the "river".

Pawpawc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    DFW area
    A lot depends on if you are single and what your interest are. If you move in Irving do your homework, some crappy areas. North Arlington is 15 -20 min away and has nice areas. Grapevine, Coppell and Colleyville are nice too. Might be tough staying in the price range. Good luck with the move

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    A lot depends on if you are single and what your interest are. If you move in Irving do your homework, some crappy areas. North Arlington is 15 -20 min away and has nice areas. Grapevine, Coppell and Colleyville are nice too. Might be tough staying in the price range. Good luck with the move
    Coppell has a 'Hard 8 Barbeque' (Rusty, you did say "I always find time to sit down for a nice meal!") They serve up some REALLY tasty vittles. Way better than what Max would taste like

Top Bottom