Moving to San Antonio Soon - Can anybody recommend a rifle club near SA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oRAirwolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Denver, CO
    I am moving to San Antonio in the next couple of months and will be living in Northeast San Antonio. I am currently a member of Colorado Rifle Club that is basically a 2600 acre private shooting facility where you pay your yearly dues ($65 + $100 work bond) and they give you the combination to the locked gate. There are no RSO's and it has shotgun, pistol, rimfire, high power, and a 500 meter steel range. I absolutely love going there because it is usually not crowded, I can bring friends for free, and can spend all day there doing what I want (or hook up an RV and stay there overnight).

Is there anything like this around San Antonio? I have found outdoor gun ranges, but they are all pay-per-visit type places and I am looking for something with a yearly membership and is a club, rather than a business. If this does not exist in the SA area, is there a gun range in the area that has similar facilities? I usually spend most of my time when I am at Colorado Rifle Club at the 500m steel silhouette range or one of the pistol bays, which is where you are surrounded by dirt berms on 3 sides and just shoot whatever you want however you want as long as you are doing it safely. Ideally, I would like to shoot somewhere around SA that would offer those two abilities, if possible.

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some of you when I move there.
    Venture Surplus ad

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Howdy and welcome to Texas and TGT.
    Sounds like you might like one of my favorite places, in Marion (east of SA) - Bexar Community Shooting Range

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Reveille Park Range has the long range facilities you are looking for. There is an annual membership fee option of $500 for all you can shoot. Travel distance may be a problem tho, it is about 120 miles from downtown SA. Located near Burnet, Tx.

IMPD2079

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Dietz gun club in New Braunfels Texas about 30 minutes from San Antonio has a yearly membership and has a rifle range on part of it and a pistol range on the other part

Top Bottom