• ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Lol...St Johns...Im diggin it.

My boy was at 29 till he got assigned to the 3/3. On his second deployment we had to fly out to get rid of his stuff and bring his dog home.

29 was a little rough for me :green:. We rented a brand new Santa Fe when we got there and when we left 3 days later I wouldnt have given you 1000 bucks for it. Completely worn out. Tough place boy! Kudos to you for doin it and grandson for being right! .....and thanks.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Lol...St Johns...Im diggin it.

My boy was at 29 till he got assigned to the 3/3. On his second deployment we had to fly out to get rid of his stuff and bring his dog home.

29 was a little rough for me :green:. We rented a brand new Santa Fe when we got there and when we left 3 days later I wouldnt have given you 1000 bucks for it. Completely worn out. Tough place boy! Kudos to you for doin it and grandson for being right! .....and thanks.
    You're welcome.

29 Palms actually has a lot going for it...
    Low cost of living.
    Low crime rate.
    Easy access to the Doctors of the Stars down in Palm Springs for medical needs.
    Centrally located without living in the urban cesspools of SoCa (2 hours to the CO River, 2 hours to the mountains, 3 hours to Las Vegas, 3 hours to the beaches, 10 minutes from the house to shooting and 4 wheeling)
    If SHTF it's also easy top block off access to the zombie hordes coming out of LA.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Low cost of living.
    Low crime rate.
    Centrally located without living in the urban cesspools of SoCa (2 hours to the CO River, 2 hours to the mountains, 3 hours to Las Vegas, 3 hours to the beaches, 10 minutes from the house to shooting and 4 wheeling)
    If SHTF it's also easy top block off access to the zombie hordes coming out of LA.
    You forgot Joshua Tree National Park.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    You're welcome.

Low cost of living.
    Low crime rate.

Even though those things are true, it's still the stumps. I used to fly in there quite a bit. Two things about that; one taking off was always the best thing and two, never under any circumstances shut down the airplane. Heaven forbid something breaks on start up and you're stuck there. Before I got to my first stateside squadron they used to stay at the stumps during different exercises. After our planes (C130s) used all their fuel, on subsequent exercises we were allowed to stay in the Springs area or San Diego area instead.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    My oldest son was born in the Stumps in 1988. My wife and I lived in a trailer off base. Can’t say I miss the place. ;)

Top Bottom