Capitol Armory ad

Mr. Cox is Polite and Calls it "Myths". A Better Word is "Lies"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Southwest
    "Gun Myths on the Senate Floor
    By Chris W. Cox
    NRA-ILA | Monday, February 02, 2009

Legislation to require a federal license to possess any detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifle or shotgun, or any handgun, has been introduced in Congress. Bills to re-impose the federal "assault weapon" and "large" magazine ban, or to impose a much broader ban, have been introduced in Congress since 2003, and will likely be introduced in the current Congress soon.

Already, the deliberate deceptions we heard from anti-gunners previously are resurfacing. Anti-gun Sen. Carl Levin, D-MI, said last Thursday on the floor of the Senate that "assault weapons" are "capable of firing up to 600 rounds per minute" and that they are "once again pervading our streets and neighborhoods."
    Did we mention that our opponents are deliberately deceptive?

Many fully-automatic firearms can fire 10 rounds in a second, which theoretically would work out to 600 rounds per minute, but they cannot be reloaded fast enough to achieve anything near that rate in reality. But we are not talking about fully-automatic firearms—we're talking about semi-automatics, and the difference between them need not be explained here.

"Pervading our streets?" Anti-gun lawmakers swore up and down that once the "assault weapon" ban expired, the murder rate would go through the roof. Well, the ban expired in 2004 and since then, the murder rate has gone down to a 43-year low.

The anti-gunners think they can revive this bogus issue, and maybe they can; they will no doubt try. But Congress required a study of the 1994 ban, and the study concluded, "the banned weapons and magazines were never used in more than a small fraction of gun murders." Violent crime was going down before the ban, and it has continued to go down after the ban. If the issue is looked at objectively, it should be over, done with, water under the bridge. The ban should never have been imposed in the first place, let alone be imposed again or ever expanded.

And certainly guns should not be banned on the basis of nonsense like Sen. Levin's speech, and other deliberate deception perpetuated by gun ban groups.
    Deliberate deception such as:

A folding stock makes a rifle concealable, as if it were a pocket knife. But anyone who knows anything about gun laws knows that federal law requires a rifle to be 26 inches long, regardless of its stock, and a 26-inch-long rifle is not concealable.

A pistol grip is designed to allow a rifle to be fired "from the hip." But the 90 million pistols owned by the American people all have pistol grips, and they aren't designed to be fired "from the hip." Besides that, the fact that a rifle has a shoulder stock and sights mounted on the barrel proves that it is designed to be fired from the shoulder.

Magazines designed to hold more than 10 rounds are not useful for self-defense. If they really believe that, let them propose to prohibit the military and police from having pistol magazines that hold 12, 15, and 17 rounds.

These guns are "high-powered." Next time an anti-gunner calls a gun "high-powered," ask him to name one gun that is low-powered. They even call .22 rimfires "high-powered," when they want to brand a .22 as a so-called "assault weapon."

NRA members who own AR-15s and other so-called "assault weapons," you are not alone. There are nearly two million AR-15s in our country, the same number of M1s, the same number of M1 Carbines, and many more Mini-14s, semi-automatic shotguns, pump-action shotguns, and all the other guns the anti-gunner want to call "assault weapon." Countless millions of American own handguns that use magazines of over 10 rounds.

Our challenge is to coalesce these Americans into a political force that will make anti-gun lawmakers' heads swim. When they repeat gun ban groups' deliberate deceptions, we must tell the truth; not some of the time, but all of the time! But we cannot wait for them to act, and then only respond in defense. We must be out front. When we carry our message, we must do so confident in the knowledge that we are doing so in a manner that respects our fellow citizens, and their right to disagree--a way of doing business that is alien to our opponents--and that our arguments are based in logic and fact, not deceit."

...and the link:

FrontPage Magazine

Best.
    ARJ Defense ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    What gets me is how these people can stand on the Senate or House floor and say some of the idiotic things they do. It's amazing the amount of stupidity that is accepted within our Government.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What gets me is how these people can stand on the Senate or House floor and say some of the idiotic things they do. It's amazing the amount of stupidity that is accepted within our Government.

Idiots elect idiots. This is why the Founders arranged the government as a republic and not a democracy. They knew that people are dumb, especially in large numbers.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I gotta ask, what in the H E double hockey sticks is wrong with firing any weapon from the hip if you want to? I do it all the time and generally hit the crawfish mounds in my yard.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Fisherman, I guess cause . . . . . . I don't rightly know. I can't hit much firing from the hip.

I guess they envision a person walking down mainstreet shooting mobs of people with pinpoint accuracy. Stopping only to laugh his crazed laugh of a man who is screaming about his 2nd amendment rights. Shooting his 600 rounds per minute AR 15 that he bought from wal mart the night before with a 1200 round drum magazine. The is shooting armor peircing bullets that rip through cars and explode when they hit human flesh. He got that ammo through an FFL. . . . . . . .

I don't know what is in a liberal's brain, I'm not sure if I really want to.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Fisherman, I guess cause . . . . . . I don't rightly know. I can't hit much firing from the hip.

I guess they envision a person walking down mainstreet shooting mobs of people with pinpoint accuracy. Stopping only to laugh his crazed laugh of a man who is screaming about his 2nd amendment rights. Shooting his 600 rounds per minute AR 15 that he bought from wal mart the night before with a 1200 round drum magazine. The is shooting armor peircing bullets that rip through cars and explode when they hit human flesh. He got that ammo through an FFL. . . . . . . .

I don't know what is in a liberal's brain, I'm not sure if I really want to.

I guess that must be similar to what they're thinking. It's crazy! The real crazy thing is that "We The People" let them do it.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I live with liberals and I can tell you what they think... Things they've told me they believe:

1. Only military and police are good enough with firearms to be responsible enough to own one. (we all know that's bull, some of the best shooters, especially pistol, are civilians)

2. That a pistol with a magazine in it is somehow going to go off any moment and kill people. Even if said pistol does not have a round in the chamber.

3. That it's unreasonable that anyone can buy a gun without training and you have to have a license to buy a car.

The last one is a flawed because it doesn't take into account two very huge factors.

1. More people die in automotive accidents every year than die by handgun violence.

2. You don't need a state license to purchase or own a vehicle, or insurance... etc.. just as long as that vehicle never leaves your private property. Likewise with firearms, you need a CHL to take it to the streets.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The voting comments are true. I'm sorry America but I am sick at my heart to think we elected Obama. The term Sheeple keeps coming to mind.

Note to TEXAS42, Does wallyworld have anymore of those 1200 round magazines?
    I wonder how long it would take to collect 1200 rounds buying them a walmart?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom